• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Preseason Game Thread 1: Pacers at Hawks

JayBirdHawk

Just now, terrell said:

Hawks still need to find a Legit 2-way Center at some point.

OO cant stay healthy..

Clint is a backup. at this point of his career..

Wonder if anyone is available.

I'd settle for just a starting caliber C.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

DD is unique in that he's the perfect fit next to Trae. Doesn't really have a position. Can play 1-3. Can dribble, create for others, cut off the ball, always moving, the ball moves quick in his hands. No overdribbling. That's just on offense. On defense, he's special

DD is unique in that he's the perfect fit next to Trae. Doesn't really have a position. Can play 1-3. Can dribble, create for others, cut off the ball, always moving, the ball moves quick in his hands. No overdribbling. That's just on offense. On defense, he's special

Same with Vit.. He just knows how to play..

Gotta get him on the floor.

Backup PG maybe? lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks still need to find a Legit 2-way Center at some point.

OO cant stay healthy..

Clint is a backup. at this point of his career..

It's probably the only thing keeping the Hawks from pure contention. 

• Like 2

• Admin
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I truly believe if the Hawks land DeAndre Ayton, they can become a legit contender this year. 

Players the Hawks shouldn't move AT ALL: Risacher, Trae, JJ, DD, Vit, Kobe, and Nance. 

Dre, CC or OO can be moved for a center of now. 

CC still is a top 5 Hawks player for us but he can be moved. 

Ayton moves the needle the other way ... he is lazy and only after his own stats.  His ego is bigger then the results.  There is a reason teams are always so wiling to move off of him.  He doesn't put any effort in on screens and he is a bad defender.   Portland would probably love to GIVE him to us.

We need someone to protect the paint.  I personally would take my chances on OO (getting back) with Clint backing him up (and starting when he is out) instead of Ayton and his bloated contract.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I have always said DD should start at the (2). My gut is Quin trusts Dre over ZR, but if ZR plays like this he should be in the starting unit too.

Our long term lineup will be Trae, DD, ZR, JJ, OO.

Bogi, Nance and Clint are great vets to have next to those young legs.

Kobe will be good in small doses. Dre may have to hold off Vit for a spot in the regular rotation. My goodness, if Dre can step up this team will be a problem. 

Roddy is our new Solo, except even more skilled. I love his tough play.

Honestly, Vit should be the possible backup PG over Kobe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Ayton moves the needle the other way ... he is lazy and only after his own stats.  His ego is bigger then the results.  There is a reason teams are always so wiling to move off of him.  He doesn't put any effort in on screens and he is a bad defender.   Portland would probably love to GIVE him to us.

We need someone to protect the paint.  I personally would take my chances on OO (getting back) with Clint backing him up (and starting when he is out) instead of Ayton and his bloated contract.

Agreed.   As much as we've joked about it, I like the early peeks we've gotten of what "Hawks DNA" can look like on the court together.  Although the talent is there, I just don't think Ayton has the intangibles that Landry/Quin are looking for.  It's a pessimistic view, but I fear he would come in and f*ck up the chemistry we have and then we'd not be able to move off of him because of his substantial salary.  I'd much rather stay away from Ayton and see if OO can fill that center role for us.  If that fails, then look for a more consistent/better fit at center next offseason. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I truly believe if the Hawks land DeAndre Ayton, they can become a legit contender this year. 

Players the Hawks shouldn't move AT ALL: Risacher, Trae, JJ, DD, Vit, Kobe, and Nance. 

Dre, CC or OO can be moved for a center of now. 

CC still is a top 5 Hawks player for us but he can be moved. 

I gave you a like on this post at first read, but the more I think about it, the more I think I disagree with it a little bit.  I do agree we need to upgrade the 5 from Clint.  BUT, sometimes less is more.  I want to see how this team gels with the energy and cohesion we saw last night as a jumping off point.  I wouldn't do anything this year. I want to see how it looks giving this group a legit chance to work.  

Other than Clint, Nance, and Gary Bird, everyone else is back next year anyway.  We could bring back Nance and then look to find a 2 way big if necessary.  But I don't see the sense in breaking up this group before they even get started.  

56 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I gave you a like on this post at first read, but the more I think about it, the more I think I disagree with it a little bit.  I do agree we need to upgrade the 5 from Clint.  BUT, sometimes less is more.  I want to see how this team gels with the energy and cohesion we saw last night as a jumping off point.  I wouldn't do anything this year. I want to see how it looks giving this group a legit chance to work.  

Other than Clint, Nance, and Gary Bird, everyone else is back next year anyway.  We could bring back Nance and then look to find a 2 way big if necessary.  But I don't see the sense in breaking up this group before they even get started.  

I gave Supes a like because Ayton will open up the spacing so much more for the wings and guards.  He's a fantastic screener and rebounder. We need a two way center.  He's the best of the potential available options.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Best preseason game I can remember watching.  You walked away liking most every player on the team.  No wonder you are starting to feel the positive energy.  

Risacher and Jalen ZOMG

Dyson, Vit and Kobe Smooth

I understand the lack of urgency on needing a backup veteran PG.  So many ball handlers: Roddy, Vit, Dyson, Bogi… We got some options if Trae or Kobe can’t play.  

If this is a forecast of the season, I’m hooked.

Yep.. This could be a fun team... All we need to do is get Dre and Capela out of the way(starting lineup).. lol

Edited by terrell