• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Preseason Game Thread 1: Pacers at Hawks

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I gave Supes a like because Ayton will open up the spacing so much more for the wings and guards.  He's a fantastic screener and rebounder. We need a two way center.  He's the best of the potential available options.  

I'm on the fence about Ayton in general.  On the one hand, I can see the on court value that he can bring with his skill set, but on the other hand, I can also see the potential for him demanding more production which leads to more 1-5 two man game stuff that can alienate the other guys. 

At this point, I fully agree that we need to upgrade from Clint.  I'm less sold that we need a max player type guy to do that.  I want to see what this current team looks like first.  Maybe this will be the case, but I'm not ready to just say let's do it and we'll contend for a title.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yep.. This could be a fun team... All we need to do is get Dre and Capela out of the way(starting lineup).. lol

we need their veteran knowledge in the starting lineup at least for the now. If someone from the bench takes their spot then so be it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm on the fence about Ayton in general.  On the one hand, I can see the on court value that he can bring with his skill set, but on the other hand, I can also see the potential for him demanding more production which leads to more 1-5 two man game stuff that can alienate the other guys. 

At this point, I fully agree that we need to upgrade from Clint.  I'm less sold that we need a max player type guy to do that.  I want to see what this current team looks like first.  Maybe this will be the case, but I'm not ready to just say let's do it and we'll contend for a title.  

He's going to get a lot of touches just based on the type of players we got on the roster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yep.. This could be a fun team... All we need to do is get Dre and Capela out of the way(starting lineup).. lol

Can we revisit the Grant Williams for Dre trade talks?  People wanted to keep Hunter over an expiring Grant Williams AND a protected first just a few weeks ago.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Can we revisit the Grant Williams for Dre trade talks?  People wanted to keep Hunter over an expiring Grant Williams AND a protected first just a few weeks ago.  

That doesn't even work salary wise and we lost our chance to trade Dre when Detroit choose Hardaway Jr over him

• Sad 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don't believe a first was ever on the table.

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Zacch is an active, heads up player that makes winning plays. And he is smooth like Souffle’ lol

I'll be visibly upset if we don't get copious French food references throughout ZR's reign. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m not going to name any names, but someone around here was trying to coin “French Vanilla” for his nickname. 

On an unrelated note, if he keeps up his play like this one game, I’m going to have to look up Crow Bourguignon or Crow Bouillabaisse recipes. 

Brutha, if'n he keeps this up, Waffle House gon' be servin' it up scattered, smothered, coveted, and .... confit?

oh-l%C3%A0l%C3%A0-oh-lala-gif-12522433.g

• Haha 2