• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Preseason Game Thread 1: Pacers at Hawks

JayBirdHawk

I have always said DD should start at the (2). My gut is Quin trusts Dre over ZR, but if ZR plays like this he should be in the starting unit too.

Our long term lineup will be Trae, DD, ZR, JJ, OO.

Bogi, Nance and Clint are great vets to have next to those young legs.

Kobe will be good in small doses. Dre may have to hold off Vit for a spot in the regular rotation. My goodness, if Dre can step up this team will be a problem. 

Roddy is our new Solo, except even more skilled. I love his tough play.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I wonder if we'll see some of these lineups with Nance at center. He can space the floor and doesnt clog the lane like Clint but is also tougher than OO, imo. I wonder if Nance is sort of a happy blend of OO and CC. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I have always said DD should start at the (2). My gut is Quin trusts Dre over ZR, but if ZR plays like this he should be in the starting unit too.

Bogi, Nance and Clint are great vets to have next to those young legs.

Kobe will be good in small doses. Dre may have to hold off Vit for a spot in the regular rotation. My goodness, if Dre can step up this team will be a problem. 

Roddy is our new Solo, except even more skilled. I love his tough play.

Trust him to do what?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi with Kobe and Dre makes the most sense and they have so much offensive firepower. We haven't been deep like this since ECF year and we are deeper this year than we were that year. This is even deeper than the Sap/Howard Hawks year. We were never deep in any previous Hawk iterations so this is new territory for us. 

Back in 87-89 years the Hawks were deep maybe too deep for their own good.

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I wonder if we'll see some of these lineups with Nance at center. He can space the floor and doesnt clog the lane like Clint but is also tougher than OO, imo. I wonder if Nance is sort of a happy blend of OO and CC. 

Nance > OO and Capela.. lol

Hawks need to find a legit BIG next draft...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, georgia said:

From earlier quote- if Dre performs and we stay healthy, we may be something….

Trae really seems happy

Yeah...and if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's ass when it hopped. Man, time to take the glasses off in regards to Hunter. But I digress.

Loving ZR. Loving a few more guys than I thought. Been "meh" on this team.  But if this is what we get, I'm cooking up some lemon pepper crow.  Looked pretty deep tonight.

Edited by deester11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2