• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tomorrow night (Monday) Hawks play game #2, pre-season.

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Trae played like dog shit, needs to take these games more seriously.

Dyson looked really good again, his defensive activity is going to win us some games this year.

This season is going to be a roller coaster of looking great and awful while everyone gets used to this offense.  I wouldnt be surprised if we have a few of these 20 turnover games.  Everyone is getting pushed to the limit of their skillset

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know you guys want to bash Hunter but we need 15/4 Hunter off the bench. We need him and Bogi playing well.

I wouldn't mind Dre off the bench.. But starting over the #1 pick is insanity....

Btw, Is the 4 assists or rebounds?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I think stupid ish like the refs having a quick T on him get into his head and he tries to show out instead of just playing smart ball. 

I was really hoping this would be the year he stops whining and making all the refs despise him but hes getting started in the preseason lol he lets them live in his head rent free, its a problem

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know you guys want to bash Hunter but we need 15/4 Hunter off the bench. We need him and Bogi playing well.

This is all I want! Play Hunter and Bogi off the bench and that alone makes us a better team.

those two would be a handful off the bench 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said before I don't like left handed players (only one I like was Manu)...makes me feel awkward.

Kobe will be fine.  I know he played like poop, as far as shooting, but the kid is very talented.  I'm sure he'll play much more under control in regular season.  

This is just a exhibition to work on different things. 

Zach really has me excited though kid can really play.  I see what @NBASupes means about his movement. He just glides across the floor and is always in the right position. Tonight, he showed us he can rebound! The three wasn't falling, but I think he'll be around a 36 - 38% shooter this season.  We really got a good player in Zach.

Dyson - locked Maxey down. Got to hit those threes. I think he's the starter because the Hawks need that defense in the starting line up.

Hunter - He'll be fine.  I think I want him off the bench because he played his best last season coming off the bench. He and Bogi would be really good off the bench.  This has nothing to do with preseason performance, but just seeing Zach's fit in the second half, I'd be okay with Zach starting. The rebounding alone makes me excited.

Everyone else was blah to okay.

I'm still excited about the team. Some nights shots don't fall. The Hawks have a legit deep squad, the pieces just have to develop that chemistry.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kobe isn't a PG, he's a scoring guard.

Kobe is a combo guard and coming out of college was one of the best pick and roll guards in his draft class.  Also was really good in the g league. 

I think he still has a 2 to 1 assist ratio coming in preseason. His offense is just a bit rusty, but he has the ability to be really good on offense once he gets going. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was saying this about Hunter years ago.  Long before we benched him.  He is better suited to a role where he can get touches and doesn't have to fight with superior rebounders.  I do not believe it's because he's terri-bad at either.  I think it's just the fit.  He's not a sniper and he doesn't create for others, so there's never going to be a real place for him in the starting lineup.  Not to mention he's doing nothing for his trade value with games like this.

He's better on the 2nd unit because he is the primary option and can naturally look to score.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I was really hoping this would be the year he stops whining and making all the refs despise him but hes getting started in the preseason lol he lets them live in his head rent free, its a problem

I'm afraid never gonna change, that's who he is.  

• Sad 1

Trae will be fine. He is Trae. People talk about the ref stuff, a bad call is a bad call. But he kept at it defensively forcing a couple of turnovers. I don’t think it was the refs getting to him so much as us being down and needing a play.

Several missed shots on open shots, and then the lob game wasn’t there tonight. Drummond had us uncomfortable at the rim. We were not there tonight offensively.

• Like 2