• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tomorrow night (Monday) Hawks play game #2, pre-season.

Gray Mule

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think Trae was that bad.  He registered by far the highest plus minus on the team at 7, had 9 assists, and took fewer shots than Bufkin.  

And hey we've seen Trae's new shot in both games and he's 1-2 on it.  The running one leg three we can call the Pero. 

Trae was terrible but Trae level of terrible is miles higher than Kobe level of terrible

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae was terrible but Trae level of terrible is miles higher than Kobe level of terrible

Hope so man, Trae is going on his 7th season and Kobe has 20 games under his belt with limited minutes.  Trae terrible his first 20 games was other-worldly bad as well.  Kobe just needs time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hope so man, Trae is going on his 7th season and Kobe has 20 games under his belt with limited minutes.  Trae terrible his first 20 games was other-worldly bad as well.  Kobe just needs time

I don't think the label "other-worldly bad" really applies to Trae.  He is going to put up some stinkers across a season but the team is nearly always better with him than not sometimes even during those stinker games.  His playmaking gives him a reasonably high floor which is above the "other-worldly bad" at least as how I would think about that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then I think we need to temper our overall expectations in terms of W/L record.  This season should be viewed with a different lens.

Not sure what lens you guys are viewing this season, but it's a highly developmental season for me.  The squad has a lot of upside but TBD how soon we realize it, so I'm expecting a hot/cold season.  After the Murray trade and the draft, I was talking about how good this squad will be in 2-3 years.  I still feel that way, but it's not going to happen over night, even if we're seeing positive flashes now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have them pegged at 45 wins, right?  I think others have already put a stake in the ground at 48 wins.  

Yes thats my midpoint for the squad, could see some high variance either way depending on how quickly we gel and how some of our guys look in Quins system, which we saw only glimpses of last year

• Like 3

Who is "they?"  It's them people!

I noticed last night that Trae passed the ball to JJ and had him bring it up court while Trae went on his way.  It's not a "have to" that Trae always brings the ball up any time that he's in the game.  

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Sturt you're 100% correct and I honestly do appreciate you as the voice of reason.  I would most certainly spew all sorts of wild suppositions without people like you keeping it in check.  The flip side of that is...speculation into anomalies is literally what I do for a living lol.  I try to walk the fence, but it's really hard for me to not lean in a direction on this one.

It's odd/anomalous that he wasn't on the bench without some comment from the team.  You don't have to be a sleuth to start working out possibilities.  The norm is pretty straightforward.  Even just a "Hunter's fine.  He just <insert common thing they always say> and it's preseason so we're experimenting."

Thanks for that. I thought there must be something causing the speculation toward "it must be bad" instead of "it must be regarded as personal and (in my best Frank Burns... 0763294d46f1bfc9704a4e4537fd00f0--mash-- ... been on a M*A*S*H binge for months now) none of anybody's beeswax."

Because of course, the norm is that fans assume the best, right Stanley? stare-blinking.gif

And... just candidly... maybe I'm also just a little defensive when it comes to this sorta thing, having been on that other end of it, and wondering "What the hell did I do that people think something bad???"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae played like dog shit, needs to take these games more seriously.

Dyson looked really good again, his defensive activity is going to win us some games this year.

This season is going to be a roller coaster of looking great and awful while everyone gets used to this offense.  I wouldnt be surprised if we have a few of these 20 turnover games.  Everyone is getting pushed to the limit of their skillset

Same old Trae.. Still whining to the refs and turning the ball over like crazy.....smh

I was hoping Id see different player/leader in yr 7..with no Murray around....

But I doubt it...

Edited by terrell

Hunter’s situation is only a couple of possibilities:

a) He chose to stay in lockeroom for the 2nd half

b) He was forced to stay in lockeroom for the 2nd half

If he was forced to sit it was due to injury, trade, or disciplinary purposes.

If he chose to sit it was due to injury/illness, personal emergency, or protest.

I cannot determine any other scenarios where a guy starts a game, and doesn't come back out of the locker room after halftime.

Team says there was no injury, so scratch that off the list. If it were for a personal reason, I think they would say as much as well to avoid any negative speculation.

That leaves trade, protest, or disciplinary as the remaining options. None of which I expect the team to be open about, which tracks with how they have handled it so far.

• Thanks 1

I beleive Conti said before the game some guys will sit because Quinn is trying to flesh out his rotation and decide who all to keep, he has some decisions to make so he is playing some guys he needs to see.  I wouldnt get to worried about it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

We’re thin at the 4 after JJ. Might need Hunter off the bench in that role. 

Dre at the 4? We may never get another rebound.. lol

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have them pegged at 45 wins, right?  I think others have already put a stake in the ground at 48 wins.  

Did I miss the season wins prediction thread? 

I'm about 45 wins as well.  Hoping for 50.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If it were for a personal reason, I think they would say as much as well to avoid any negative speculation.

If it were a regular season game.

If it were someone with a history, all the more so.

I just don't think anyone is going to get disciplined in a preseason game... likely not even anyone with that history... I think we don't know because it's just not that important in the first place.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did I miss the season wins prediction thread? 

I'm about 45 wins as well.  Hoping for 50.

It's still there.  It's not too late.  It's still pre-season.  

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Not sure what lens you guys are viewing this season, but it's a highly developmental season for me.  The squad has a lot of upside but TBD how soon we realize it, so I'm expecting a hot/cold season.  After the Murray trade and the draft, I was talking about how good this squad will be in 2-3 years.  I still feel that way, but it's not going to happen over night, even if we're seeing positive flashes now

45 wins in a developmental season? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yes thats my midpoint for the squad, could see some high variance either way depending on how quickly we gel and how some of our guys look in Quins system, which we saw only glimpses of last year

Lots of 'ifs' and 'thens'.

I said we are depending on everything to go more right with every young player needing to hit their baselines more often than not. JJ with the leap, Dys and his shooting, Rook exceeding, CC being the CC of old, Vit progressing from last season, OO and Hunter staying healthy...and on and on.  Could it all happen while grasping Quin's scheme on both side of the ball? sure but I how likely it ALL falls into place? I am hoping and praying that I am wrong.

• Like 1