• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tomorrow night (Monday) Hawks play game #2, pre-season.

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't understand the logic of being too expensive to be a bench player.  Dre is paid what he's paid.  It was a deal done to keep him at the time.  If he's no longer the best player to start, then bench him.  Who cares if he's higher paid than a "typical" bench player (whatever that means).  If you can get starting quality NBA player on a rookie deal, you can afford to have a backup that makes more.  It's just not a concern of mine.  

Agreed. 

Because the cap is a limited resource, especially for the Hawks, having money tied up on the bench and not on the court is not ideal. Point is if he is going to be getting spot minutes we should look to move him for someone who can contribute at a position of need aka Center.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Two years ago it was predicting Nate gets fired.  Cassandra accuracy might be your thing.  
I’ll say it for you.  We won’t be good enough or show enough positive potential to keep Trae.  Whether the FO or Trae makes the move, it will happen.  When we hit a 14-20 record again it is the next domino to fall: coach, GM, then player(s).  

All I can say right now is that it's mostly independent of our record and not so much a prediction, but...a sneaking inclination that I can't shake.  I should also say it's not the "can we keep Trae happy" conversation.  I've already put that out there and it wouldn't be a controversial take.  I think the majority of the basketball world sees (or is hoping) that we are forced to move him.

TBH, I'm actually more confident than I was over the summer having seen Risacher and DD in action.

• Like 2

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Because the cap is a limited resource, especially for the Hawks, having money tied up on the bench and not on the court is not ideal. Point is if he is going to be getting spot minutes we should look to move him for someone who can contribute at a position of need aka Center.

While we should always look to upgrade our roster, Hunter is going to be getting between 20 and 30 minutes a game.  It won't be that different than if he is starting.  So by all means look to optimize the roster but if he is playing 25 mpg off the bench then that doesn't hurt my head.  We had no one behind him last season and he still didn't play 30 mpg.  Now that we have Dyson and Zacc, if he drops to 25 or something then no big deal.  He'll still be a significant part of the rotation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wretch said:

All I can say right now is that it's mostly independent of our record and not so much a prediction, but...a sneaking inclination that I can't shake.  I should also say it's not the "can we keep Trae happy" conversation.  I've already put that out there and it wouldn't be a controversial take.  I think the majority of the basketball world sees (or is hoping) that we are forced to move him.

TBH, I'm actually more confident than I was over the summer having seen Risacher and DD in action.

Not what I thought you were thinking, and yes Risacher and DD change our season.  We got real defensive players and length.  

More worried about offense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

After thought, but merits mentioning... I for one would have liked to have seen Dom Barlow get some minutes last night.

What's not to like? I'll take this from a 2-way 6-9 220 lb kid every time.

2024-10-15_22-51-58.png