• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Preseason - why certain things happen

thecampster

Reading everyone's overreaction to Dre sitting out the second half yesterday or Zaach's good first 2 games.

Early game 1, Hunter shot multiple shots in the first quarter. The offense seemed focused on getting him the ball.

Early game 2, DD shot multiple shots in the first quarter. The offense seemed focused on getting him the ball.

After 1st subs game 1 and 2, Ris shot multiple shots. The offense seemed content to just let him shoot.  Game 1, 7/9. Game 2 5/11.  Doesn't matter if they weren't falling as easy, he shot more game 2.

These games are not normal sub patterns, not normal leashes, not normal anything.  Trae turns the ball over, doesn't matter, he'll rarely play with that player next season.  Kobe looks to be forcing it....because he was told to.  Coaches are feeling out what works, what doesn't and that means forcing things that aren't there.

JJ looked passive yesterday. It wasn't his day to take a majority of the shots.  Game 1 he did. 

Its preseason.  You can't say anything about anything.  People are shooting against people they won't be up against in the regular season. People are testing new ankle braces, new shoes, new shooting spots on the floor.  Folks need to calm down.  Most of the shot selections, shot attempts are prescripted. They aren't based on how it will actually work in games. Anyone thinking Trae is going to be shooting running 3 pointers off 1 foot every game are delusional. Anyone thinking Garrison is going to be shooting running 30 footers during the regular season or all 5 of Kobe, Dyson, Nance, Roddy and Zaach are going to see 9 minutes of straight run to close out a game really haven't been watching the NBA too closely.  Ya'll need to calm down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since many feel like Hunter is on the trading block, I don’t see anyone freaking out.
I think if Hunter was on the bench in the second half NO ONE would be suspicious or speculating.  It has nothing to do with people not understanding that players sit out portions of preseason games.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Reading everyone's overreaction to Dre sitting out the second half yesterday

It wasn't about him sitting out the second half - it was more his absence from the bench that has piqued our interest causing speculation as to the why.  It was noted he was not injured, unlike PG where it was noted he wasn't on the bench due to injury.  It's fun to speculate as to the why more than anything.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It wasn't about him sitting out the second half - it was more his absence from the bench that has piqued our interest causing speculation as to the why.  It was noted he was not injured, unlike PG where it was noted he wasn't on the bench due to injury.  It's fun to speculate as to the why more than anything.

It is unusual not to hear some explanation for why a player wasn't on the bench.  I think the absence of information here is what is making people wonder.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is unusual not to hear some explanation for why a player wasn't on the bench.  I think the absence of information here is what is making people wonder.

This is at the top of my mind today.

I'm sorry, staying away and not supporting your team if you aren't injured...

BIG RED FLAG

40 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Since many feel like Hunter is on the trading block, I don’t see anyone freaking out.
I think if Hunter was on the bench in the second half NO ONE would be suspicious or speculating.  It has nothing to do with people not understanding that players sit out portions of preseason games.  

IMO , Hunter needs to go now.

Of all our wings, he is in the most danger to lose minutes and I know he is probably at the cusp of being disgruntled

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

2 hours ago Atlanta Hawks on X

Screenshot_20241015_173925_X.jpg

Interesting timing.  This could mean they saw fans chirping on forums, Reddit and X.  Put out a tweet to let fans know nothing happened.  
Moving on.  Will get news on Hunter if anything real happens. 

11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This is at the top of my mind today.

I'm sorry, staying away and not supporting your team if you aren't injured...

BIG RED FLAG

Could be that Quin let him leave for a family thing?  If no injury, what is the most benign reason a professional athlete leaves their job?

As The Campster said, this is pre-season and the team is trying to find out what works and who fits with who.  To me, the only thing to worry about was, are the shots falling?   Why or why not?  Everything else will work out in time.  Patience, Grasshopper!

:smug:

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Could be that Quin let him leave for a family thing?  If no injury, what is the most benign reason a professional athlete leaves their job?

It could be any number of things.  It is just that usually you would get a bland explanation like the team gave him permission to leave to address a personal issue or something like that.  It may well be a real nothing burger.  Just usually a team will announce the nothing burger to control the narrative knowing that fans will start speculating on all the reasons that teams don't share information (like a player being disgruntled or a trade being close, etc.).

• Like 1

So i went back and watched the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. There was nothing that showed him as unhappy or disgruntled.  Last few seconds he was set to receive a pass for a corner 3, but it was tipped out of bounds. Play in went to Bogi who was blocked. General body language of most of the players exiting the floor was mopey.