• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024 Preseason Game Thread 3: Hawks at heat

JayBirdHawk

I liked what i saw from Vit with the 1st unit and the shooting was good anytime Trae was on the court. 

One thing that is noticeable is without Bogi and Hunter, the 2nd unit doesn't have hardly any shot creators. Kobe is suppose to be one but he is still having issues finishing over size and getting by his man

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We’re looking good all things considered— the offense looks completely different than last year which is going to take time to iron out the wrinkles, not to mention a lot of guys that wont be sharing the court much are out there together.  These games are clearly being used to get everyone practice moving and passing 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I liked what i saw from Vit with the 1st unit and the shooting was good anytime Trae was on the court. 

One thing that is noticeable is without Bogi and Hunter, the 2nd unit doesn't have hardly any shot creators. Kobe is suppose to be one but he is still having issues finishing over size and getting by his man

Kobe isnt processing the movements quickly enough yet, i think it will come to him with time

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kobe is suppose to be one but he is still having issues finishing over size and getting by his man

I think Kobe is thinking to much and not playing instinctual and agressive, it's like he makes up his mind what he's going to do and that's his focus. If it's not there he picks up his dribble.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Soooo... question... was MIA similarly missing some key elements last night?

(Didn't see it. I'm still on the fence just how much I want to invest--financially, but yeah, primarily psychologically--myself until I see more reason to believe Landry Fields is an irresistible force, thus at least the equivalent to what is the immovable object/priority in APR's head.)

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Missing 3 of our top 4 wings means back to playing well when Trae and JJ are on the floor and poorly the rest of the time.  Not surprising.  We need that depth.

It was painfully evident last night.  Perhaps it showed folks why the whole MPJr trade stuff isn't it.

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

Soooo... question... was MIA similarly missing some key elements last night?

(Didn't see it. I'm still on the fence just how much I want to invest--financially, but yeah, primarily psychologically--myself until I see more reason to believe Landry Fields is an irresistible force, thus at least the equivalent to what is the immovable object/priority in APR's head.)

They played all their guys for 3 quarters.  They were missing, I think, 1 regular player who is injured.  Other than that, they were essentially full strength for 3 quarters.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

They played all their guys for 3 quarters.  They were missing, I think, 1 regular player who is injured.  Other than that, they were essentially full strength for 3 quarters.   

That's gotta be somewhat... if not significantly... encouraging, no? Help me stay grounded here. 🙂