• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

PRE-SEASON IS OVER: DID WE SEE ENOUGH?

Gray Mule

Practice - Practice - Practice.  That's all that's left before the 82-game regular season arrives.  We had the opportunity to watch all of our entire roster play.  Wasn't it wonderful that all games were on TV!  

I saw enough to believe that this Hawk team will be better than last season's team.  We are, in my opinion, much deeper.  Most players that I wondered about looked ready for the season to begin.

The question for all you Squawk posters, as we await the regular season tip-off, did this Hawk team show you enough to make you believe?  Those "experts," as usual, believe that every NBA team except Atlanta is much improved.  Your thoughts?

:smug:

• Like 3

I saw enough to feel confident that this season will be a much better watch than the past 2-3 years. 

We're gonna have to be patient with a few things.  There's a new dynamic and young players.  Guys are gonna go through slumps.  Young players are gonna hit a wall.  That being said we're versatile and deep.  Lots of looks we can throw at people both on offense and defense.  It's gonna be fun to watch.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'm a little concerned that Quin didn't see enough. I'm a little concerned that 3 preseason games in 4 days may have prevented him from getting a good grasp on all of the 5-man rotations he would otherwise have liked to have gotten a chance to assess... and yet, just looking at how Vegas views it, 4 of the first 5 games are against opponents viewed as having a lesser chance of making the NBA Finals than the good guys. I think that helps Quin in that way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think with good health we have a real chance of 41 to 45 wins. This team's defense should be much improved. 27th last season is an easy bar to hurdle and with how big our lineups are going to be and with Dyson on board...yeah, I'm all in this year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I saw enough.  Admittedly, I may be jumping the gun...but our defense looked amazing against Philly early on.  If we maintain that level of intensity, I think it can carry us to the post season.  I'm a little concerned about the offense, but not to the point where I doubt we can score by committee.