• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson signs rookie extension, 5yrs/$150 million

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Next question... one that's already been asked in a variety of ways, but now seems only natural to get still more serious about it...

1. DJM gets big money.

2. Significant salary gets sliced off the spreadsheet.

3. JJ gets big money.

4. Will it be a one-off, or will it be a clearly emergent pattern?

Who got "sliced off the spreadsheet" after DJ got paid? Saddiq Bey?

• Moderators

The biggest negative for me is $17M less money for next year.  But I get JJ wanting to lock down that generational wealth and the Hawks not wanting to get cute with their rising stud.  Also, we all know there is zero chance of the Hawks paying the tax so the idea of them getting that big salary add followed by resigning JJ was always a dream.  Tony don’t play that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Wretch said:

@JayBirdHawk @kg01 
"In related news...  In the wake of the announcement of Jalen Johnson's contract signing, longtime Squawk poster Wretchinald D. Wretchington IV, known for hyperboles, knee-jerk correlations, and excessive post length, is now reportedly withdrawing some vague commentary in which he teased having a potentially unpopular opinion in regards to [redacted].  This comment led many to believe the poster was literally full of 💩 and crying for attention.  We reached out to representatives for Wretchinald who in turn said that he was not available to comment."

math-hmm.gif

family-matters-you-dont-say-oh-really-oh

smh-shaking-head-disappointed-gif-102275

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Wretch said:

@JayBirdHawk @kg01 
"In related news...  In the wake of the announcement of Jalen Johnson's contract signing, longtime Squawk poster Wretchinald D. Wretchington IV, known for hyperboles, knee-jerk correlations, and excessive post length, is now reportedly withdrawing some vague commentary in which he teased having a potentially unpopular opinion in regards to [redacted].  This comment led many to believe the poster was literally full of 💩 and crying for attention.  We reached out to representatives for Wretchinald who in turn said that he was not available to comment."

math-hmm.gif

YIKES. They got to em.

tenor.gif?itemid=18036859

I know what we need to do. If I can just get Chloe to make the call.

AKaOC60sKw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Haha 1

JJ is my favorite player on the team so im thrilled he is staying with us and locked in for the next 5 years.  Another thing i like is with him making that much money their is a high chance he is pushed as more of a focal point of our team and treated as such.  He probably becomes our #2 player which i think he will strive as and be a 20+ 10+ guy yearly if not better. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

He was gonna say no JJ extension so Hawks should trade him since we drafted Zacc :spank: @Wretch

d70361ceeb336926c2fb33eaf55034d3.gif

Official Statement from the office of Wretched Opinions:
"We can neither confirm nor deny any truth related to all or part of these allegations.  On behalf of the family of Mr. Wretchington, we would like to ask for your understanding and for privacy as we reassess our position related to members of the Atlanta Hawks basketball team. Thank you."

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Before I go through yall responses I’d like to say this deal is a steal. I’m a dude that usually hates long term deals but in today’s NBA, getting a dude like JJ at his age and ability right now for 5/150 is an absolute steal.

My prediction was : 5/ 170 mill

A+ on this signing for me.

I’m feeling more and more secure about the Hawks future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akay said:

Jalen Green is soooo overpaid, Houston is in a pickle with him - curious about their future considering how much money they have tied up in a player who likely isn't gonna live up to the contract

Agreed. I said last year they should flip him and another piece not including Sengun, Jabari, Amen or Whitmore, and make a deal for somebody else. The 🚀 are much better imo without Green. I could be wrong but I don’t associate him with a high winning % throughout his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Supes wanted to trade Jalen before last season so it's understandable he doesn't like the deal. 

Truth be told I was attaching him to deals but about a year and a half ago. Like it would be Capela plus Jalen for someone. Last year though, it was different. He proved that he no longer could be held off the floor due to any inefficiencies in his game but he also proved to the league that he belonged. There was a certain confident swag about his body language last year that made me fall in love with the kid. 

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Overpaid by 20 million. Let's see how JJ reacts to this. Is he going to go up, down, and stay in the realm which will continue to make him overpaid. 

Huh?

Jalen Suggs got 150 mill..

Hell, Quickley got 175 million.. lol

• Like 1