• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hope that we are able to get 2 of these 6 player

Admin

in the draft. With our top pick I want Howard, Okafor, or Smith. Either of these guys can end up being our superstar player.

With our mid first I want Jameer Nelson, Ben Gordon, or Sasha Vujacic because I feel that these guys are going to be guys who can fill up the box scores off the bench for us.

What do you guys think about that?

I don't think Gordon will last that long. IMO, his stock will rise during the tournament, and he will be the first point guard off the board.

A guy I like with that mid-first round pick is Rashad McCants. I believe he will be another Dwayne Wade. The guy can flat out shoot the ball and has a nose for putting the ball in the hoop. He's got a good body and is about the same size as Dwayne Wade. They are very similar players. I also like Raymond Felton and Jarret Jack if he declares.

• Admin

McCants will not be going into the draft this year.

He does not play d and if his shot does not fall early he gives up. I want someone who will go out there and work. He won't dive for loose balls...he is just a scorer. He got a nice shot and some nice post moves but he is only 6'3. He will not be able to post guards up in the NBA the way he does in College.

Smith is going to take years to develop. Personally I don;t want a HS player. I want Okafor. A guy with college experience ready for the NBA. That is if his back is okay.

How do you know SMith is a project? The guy has already put on the necessary weight to compete in the NBA 6'8 240lbs the same size as Labron James. You guys are forgetting about Al Jefferson. One of our needs is at PowerForward and if we didn't get Howard or Okafor I would be satisfied with Mr. Jefferson. He what 6'8 or 6'9 and 260lbs? He can already bang with the big guys in the paint. He could easily lose 10lbs during the summer and put on more muscle before the season starts.

i would rather have tim pickett than mccants. i know i keep saying it but Tim Pickett is much better than McCants. He is 4th in the COUNTRY in made 3's. Plays extremely high level defense and is an inch taller(pickett is 6' 4"). He has an unbridled love for the game so he works hardcore 100% of the time and announcers(including Vitale) have been amazed at how much energy he has at all times including the last seconds of a game.

I know I keep harping on this guy but go back and watch some games if you'd like. FSU plays an NIT game against Iowa State tomorrow and IF it's on tv, make sure to watch him. You'll see him out there on TWO ankle twists. He hit a double-clutch three pointer with a hand in his face with no time left to send the last game in the NIT into overtime(which they ended up winning of course) on those same ankles(the injuries just happened the last two games).

He's been moving quickly up the second round charts(if he was 2 or 3 inches taller, he'd be first rounder no doubt). I think if we get him in the second round, we will be getting a big time steal.

I think I would like Chalmers out of Xavier. I'm sure KB has heard of them. No offense. But, this guy can flat out play inside or outside and has a knack of filling it up.

Another guy that has caught my eye. Is Timmy Smith. The little guy from E. Tenn St. This guy would be great off the bench. Another E. Boykins.

P

• Premium Member

From my understanding, Gordon is a 2 guard turned PG. Sounds too much like JT to me. What do you guys think about getting Chris Thomas in the 2nd and maybe using the mid first pick (if we keep it) to go after a prospect or Victor Krhypa!

This guy reminds me a ton of Tim Hardaway in his prime. They have similar bodies and similar styles of play. Gordon is MUCH more in control of his offense than JT has ever displayed, so the comparison there is not even logical.

I would prefer Nelson over him because of his ability to score from anywhere and to always be able to finish in some form or fashion around the rim.