Tonight's the NIGHT.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

The McDonald's HS All American Game on ESPN 9 pm EST.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Howard and Jefferson will be on the same team so we won't see that matchup, but Livingston vs. Telfair should be pretty interesting.

Howard's team is stacked though...

Telfair, Howard, Smith, Jefferson all on the same team.

I just can't believe that Drew Nietzel got left out of the game and the two guys from Detroit Renassaince made the team.

I saw Wyoming Park (Nietzel, going to Mich. State next year) play on Friday in the Michigan State Tournament against Detroit Renassaince (Crawford - Kentucky and Hairston - undecided) and Nietzel was insanely impressive. He had 36 pts. and should have had 15 assists, but his team was awful. He averaged 33 pts., 9 dimes, and I think 5 boards per game this year, against good competition (I saw him play 3 times). Crawford and Hairston are good, but not in the same class as Drew.

You guys have probably never heard of him, but he's a 6' white dude that has great court vision and can score the ball.

I personally hope we draft Smith. This kid looks like the next Kobe Bryant.

I would love to draft either Howard or Smith. I really hope we get a Top 3 pick.

I think it will be Okufor, Howard and Smith..... not necessarily in that order.

I hope we get Smith.

First, I must say that I only watched the first half.

Second, I didn't see what all the hype about Howard is. He seemed sort of stiff, almost clumsy, and not as aggressive as I thought he would be.

I didn't like Smith's first two shots of the game, even though he made the second one. It seemed WAY too planned out. But then, as the game went on, he seems to be the ONE player most ready for the NBA transition. It would be nice to have him, but that's not what we're really looking for, IMO.

I really think that to be successful in the upcoming draft, Atlanta needs to SOMEHOW land Okafur. He's the man for us. If we can't get him with whichever pick we get, we trade our earliest first round and either our mid-first round or two second round picks for him.

• Premium Member

Howard was strong throughout. I think that some of you guys are mixing up J. R. Smith with Josh Smith. My Comment, J. R. Smith won the MVP of the game and was good at putting up those long range bombs, but Josh Smith was quiet but showed lots of talent. Howard was more aggressive on the boards than I thought he would be. There was a time in transition when he split the defenders with a lefthand dribble which was sweet. There was also a time on a pass, he went baseline and blew past 2 defenders for the dunk. I wish he had done more than Dunk! I would like to see his midrange game.... I do know that he will probably be a Pick and roller.