• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are now tied with the Clippers

Blunt91

THe Hawks win tonight puts them in a tie with the LA Clippers at 27-53. The Suns are 27-52, so for right now we have more losses. Wouldn't it suck if there was a three way tie for 5thplace? I hope Billy Knignt plans on signing Jackson and Sura otherwise they might have screwed up our chances of getting a hign pick. If they sign elsewhere these wins were all for there selfish needs and not the franchise.

• Premium Member

I believe it's manipulated just a tad; if it is, there is NO way anyone needs a top 3 spot more than us. Orlando and Chicago are all but guaranteed a 1 - 3 pick. Chicago has been screwed so many times in the lottery, I can't imagine a "fixed" lottery doing it again...

I believe all of us realize now that getting a high draft choice and grabbing an impact player looks dim.Okafur,Howard are obviously one and two if you go on potential. I hope for Josh Smith but I cannot see him getting passed on with the 3,4 picks.We will probably have to settle for an above average player but not the superstar we need.Keep in mind I am talking 3 yrs from now most high schoolers need time to grow.This winning a few games at the end is killing the hawks future.SUPERSTARS win championships and you need two to win a championship and the rest of the players can be role players.I have not forgotten Karl Malone,Mcgrady,Garnett and the plethora of other superstars who have not got there rings.Remember the formula 2 superstars are needed and the other players need to be at least above average.Malone and Stockton didn't win but look at past teams that have won championships.

Lakers(O Neal.Bryant)San Antonio(Duncan,Robinson)Bulls(Jordan and Pippen).A big man is needed most of the times to win but not all cases.Why haven't the Dallas Mavericks won? You can make an argument for no big man or with one(Detroit Pistons,Bulls) with one (Lakers,Spurs).My point we need a superstar in this draft and won't get one because we xcrewed it up winning unimportant games.Sure now it feels good we are not mailing it in like the Bulls,Magic,Wizards but are we really gaining.Free agents don't want to come at least the Superstars.We will be left with role players and never be a championship team.Maybe will sing a few role players and make the team respectable for a Mcgrady to sign but we need 2 superstars where will the other come from? If you don't get a big man in the draft rarely can you get one in free agency.The Bulls thought they were going to get 2 superstars in Chandler and Curry neither have produced.Of course any player could be a bust in the draft but I like the chances alot more if we had a top 3 pick.

If I were the Hawks and we are stuck wth the 5th pick I would certainly tru to trade up.I doubt if any of the top 4 teams would take Terry and our 5th pick,they might.We have to find a way to package something to get Josah Smith or Dwight Howard.The Hawks will continue to struggle in drawing fans if they just sign role players. Superstars are needed ,how do we get them?

Billy Knight better have a way to move the team up if

the Hawks don't land a top 3 pick. IT doesn't matter

if they have to give up every pick they have. THey need

to have something that can reflect this teams future

and they need this offseason With new ownership the

team needs to somehow make it;s mark this offseason

if it plans to have any momentum.

I agree Hotlanta if we have to give every pick we need a potential star in this draft.The Falcon's have Vick and look at all the people that show up to falcon games.Now there is no Vick that I think in this draft but Josh Smith has increcible potential.JR Smith does also and while we need a small forward more JR has a combination of range on his shots and leaping ability that he would be a player,if he develops,that fans would come and see.I remember when we drafted Domonique Wilkens at the time we had no player to identify the team with and it took a brash incredible talented hall of famer to get people to go to the games.Now we need the same thing.If we some how manage to get a Josh Smith,we can sign a few free agents and save money for next year which we can get hopefully the big free agent we need.Getting the right pieces will take time but making this draft count now is crucial.

Anyone know Steven Jackson is a free agent? I see Terry gone maybe to Utah.Sura should be resigned and if we could get a Dampier,some kind of center and not over pay gobs of money we can make the hawks competitive soon.

I guess you mean that the Bobcats are 4th? Anyhow, for the sake of arguments, we should hope that this tie holds up.

That would be good, at this point. If we win again, we lose more balls by falling out of a tie.

Orlando

Chicago

Wash

Phx

LAC

Atl

I'm going to be sick. Yeah! I'm glad we won 3 games recently to secure a mediocre pick and another decade of mediocrity. I'm Joe Fan who doesn't understand delayed gratification. *barf*

I totally agree with Hotlanta, we have to get into the top 3 picks, even if we have to give away our 2nd 1st round/JT and our 1st 2nd round pick. Now it looks like we could possibly be picking 7 or 8th. Will we ever have any good luck in this city???