• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider Blueprint

jeddelong

I fired off an email to Chad after reading this, mainly because I was pissed that he referred to 'Nique four times as Dominique "Wilkens" and because he dissed Hawks fans. To say "fan support is awful" is to blame the fans for their poor attendance, when in reality the fans have had nothing worth "supporting" for years. I told him it would have been much more accurate to write that, because the Hawks have been no better than mediocre for years, attendance has been bad, and therefore there might be a perception among players that the fans themselves are bad. He made it sound like the fans wouldn't support even a good team.

I also pointed out that attendance suffers everywhere when teams consistently underperform (with the exception of Green Bay, and what else are the citizens of Green Bay going to do?), yet Atlanta is the only city consistently ridiculed for having poor attendance. What gives?

Quote:

I also pointed out that attendance suffers everywhere when teams consistently underperform (with the exception of Green Bay, and what else are the citizens of Green Bay going to do?), yet Atlanta is the only city consistently ridiculed for having poor attendance. What gives?

It's funny how the Hawks are always criticized for their lack of fan support, but I rarely hear anything said about the New Jersey Nets, and their empty building. The Nets average about 14,000 people per game in a 20,000 seat arena. That is pathetic for the 2 time Eastern Conference Champions.

TROUBLEMAN

KEYWORDS: 2 time Eastern Coference Champions!!

The Hawks fans have been threw alot of bad times, and don't respect the past ownership. I think alot is to do with the fans not going to the game, and can you blame them?

We haven't had a superstar in along tme, the "star" we have had just don't play defense.(would you even call them "stars")

What are the Nets fans excuses?

Quote:

Quote:

It's funny how the Hawks are always criticized for their lack of fan support, but I rarely hear anything said about the New Jersey Nets, and their empty building. The Nets average about 14,000 people per game in a 20,000 seat arena. That is pathetic for the 2 time Eastern Conference Champions.

TROUBLEMAN