• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Organizing a Hawksquawk game

Lrenfro

I think this was brought up a time or two in the past. I was wonder during the off-season while there is not much to talk about; could we figure out a way to attend a game or two together. I was thinking maybe a box or party room. I know I researched a couple of years ago and a party room was $800 for 6 people. I don't know if that is still true or not. I don't know if there is a better deal or if they would give discounts for organizations I.E Hawksquawk. I could research it but I first wanted to know if some of the season ticket holders know anything or anyone else on this board for that matter. I also wanted to know everyone's opinion about this. I figured if we plan ahead maybe we could let some of the out-of-towners have a chance to participate. Plus we could have a chance to centralize funds prior to purchase.

and if you're really serious and want to be the organizer, I can go ahead and tell you that I'll probably be Costa Rica (foreign medicine) from late Oct to just prior to Thanksgiving and possibly wandering Europe in late march through most of april. you could start a running list somewhere and figure out what date's best for most. Otherwise, it works for me, esp. weekend games, as they're easier for me to drive down from nashville.

I don't mind organizing but I am sure that I am going to have to wait on the schedual and the pricing for next season. I guess I am just casualy getting information and pre-participation plans to work on in the off season. I just need to know what anyone knows at this point and who all would like to be involved.

• Admin

I think it would be smart to wait until the schedule is out for next season. Then we can pick a game and start planning for it.

I could try going through one of my contacts within the Hawks org and see if they could work us something special..since we are among the few, true Hawks fans out there. Sometimes they reply to my emails, sometimes not. But hey, it's worth a try, right?

When we get ready to move on this. it might be a good idea to organize it through something like paypal. Just have everyone who wants to attend, set up a paypal account and send their money to whoever is going to organize it (I'd be more than happy to do it or help do it). That way we can confirm who is really in and who isn't.

but yeah, you'd think that we might be able to get some sort of deal ~ esp. if we had 10 people for sure in. AS Chillz said, we're in the minority, being real fans more or less....and hey, even Hansen had us linked on his site...

Chills I would love to be a part of organizing this if not the led. I was just hoping that someone new someone on the inside that could get us a good deal. That way we could maximize our attendance. Maybe get some recognition.

• 3 months later...