• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

For those of you in love with David Harrison

Admin

Check out this recent blurb from Insider about a workout he had with a Araujo and tell me which sounds like a better prospect.

Quote:

Araujo rising? Another fast riser on many NBA draft boards is BYU's Rafael Araujo. Araujo, who has been working out in L.A. for the past month, put on a solid display of strength and aggressiveness in a recent workout against Colorado's David Harrison. Contrary to at least one printed report, Harrison did not quit the workout early, but several people who were in attendance claim he should have.

"Araujo's in a different class than Harrison," the scout told Insider. "He outplayed him in every way imaginable."

What does that mean for Araujo's draft stock? Scouts are loving his toughness and fire. Several scouts also report he continues to improve his outside jumper and is even hitting college-range 3s with regularity. The biggest question about Araujo is basketball intelligence. The scouts who watched him extensively at BYU claim he made a lot of mistakes with the basketball and can be a poor decision-maker.

Still, scouts continue to rank Araujo as one of the top center prospects in the draft. He's had big workouts in both Portland and Seattle this week. Given his strong play, he could go anywhere from No. 12 (Seattle's likely spot) to No. 21 to Utah. Don't expect him to slip any lower at this point.

And how about his Insider Draft Card:

Quote:

David Harrison

CENTER | TEAM: COLORADO

INSIDER RANKING: Center (5) | Overall (20)

David Harrison

Notes: A former McDonald's All-American and top 10 high school prospect. His father is a former NFL player and Harrison also is said to be a pretty impressive football player. Submitted his paper work to the NBA for early entry and hired John Elway's agent, Chris Emens. He's in for sure now.

Upside:Harrison is strong, runs the floor well for a big guy and can put up good numbers when his head is in the game. Has the NBA body and strength scouts are looking for at the position. A good, but not great athlete. He's a big time offensive rebounder and shot blocker. Has improved every year, but hasn't reached the potential scouts had hoped he would.

Downside: Questions about his maturity level and dedication to the game are big, big issues for scouts. Still very raw. Doesn't have great hands. Not an explosive jumper. He's a legit seven footer but has a smallish wing span. His defensive effort can be lack luster.

Insider Projection: Scouts don't really like his game, but considering he's the only American 7-footer in college with any kind of game right now, he's going to get the benefit of the doubt. Someone will take a chance on him in the first round. Think Michael Olowokandi, folks

Compare that to Araujo

Quote:

Rafael Araujo

CENTER | TEAM: BYU

INSIDER RANKING: Center (3) | Overall (20)

Rafael Araujo

Notes: A native of San Paulo, Brazil who's played the past two years for BYU. Arrived from Brazil to play basketball at Arizona Western three years ago. He spoke no English at the time. His teamates call him Hoffa.

Upside: Araujo has been one of the most dominant college centers on the offensive end in the country this year. Physically he's huge and very, very strong. He uses his strength to bulldoze opponents in the paint. He's an aggressive rebounder, sometimes a little too aggressive. His solid frame allows him to hold his position in the post. He runs pretty well for a big man. A pretty good free-throw shooter. Plays with a passion that we rarely see in big men.

Downside: He's just an average athlete. His lateral quickness, leaping ability and overall agility leave something to be desired. His aggressiveness often gets him into early foul trouble. He's not a great shot blocker for his size. Was destroyed by Okafor in the tournament last year, leading some to question how well he'd fare in the league.

Insider Projection: Some considered him a late first-round sleeper last season, and he's improved in all facets of the game this year. A recent fight in the Mountain West tournament in front of a host of scouts actually helped his cause. Teams are desperate for big men with a little fire in their belly. Expect him to go somewhere in the second half of the first round.

I don't think the Hawks will be in position to draft him, period, unless they wanted to take him with a mid lottery pick if that's what they land.

Araujo will be the first center drafted. My thinking about the Hawks and Harrison has nothing to do with me thinking Harrison is better than Araujo. It has everything to do with me thinking that Araujo and Harrison are the two best pure centers in the draft, and Harrison being the one that will likely be available for Atlanta at pick 17.

San Antonio has even stated that they won't even bring Harrison in for a workout, because they know he won't be available when they pick.

I think the top three centers in this draft are Araujo, Harrison, and Ramos.

• Premium Member

It's not the point... Weather an average C will be on the board or off the board is not the question..... The question is why are you so in love with Harrison... Did you watch CU play? CU needed somebody to step up and for a college team to have a 7'0 C is huge... Especially one with the physical attributes of Harrison... However, Harrison never did except in the Texas Tech game... He looked good, blocked some shots and got a lot of touches, but he gets lazy and does nothing if plays are not run for him. He's an iso guy who doesn't have great low post moves. .

Well, like I told you before. I know I watch a lot more college basketball than you do. So shut up, sit back, watch, and learn.

Taking Harrison at 17 is a far sight better than taking your boy Kris Humphries at 17.