• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My full Lottery Projection w/ explanations + picks

Admin

1 - Orlando - Emeka Okafor - (the league needs T-Mac in Orlando and Orlando needs a big man who can play right away.....Okafor is that guy).

2 - Atlanta - Dwight Howard - (again the league desperately needs Atlanta to be the basketball city it should be and Howard will start that process off right).

3 - Washington - Luol Deng - (a promising young team that has developing talent and is maybe 1-2 players away from being a solid playoff team in the east. Deng will be a great addition to the young talent they have and should make a big play for ROY).

4 - Charlotte - Shaun Livingston - (Charlotte will be a young team with a few veterans mixed in but wont be competing for some time and should have enough patience to develope this kid into the star he could become).

5 - Chicago - Andre Iguodala - (With their PG spot finally fixed and with their frontcourt still trying to fullfill their promise they turn their attention to their biggest need and thats scoring and defense from their SG position.).

6 - LAC - Ben Gordon - (Desperate for leadership from their PG spot that Andre Miller never filled they get the best overall PG in the draft in terms of being able to play from the first game and make a difference. He also fits the mold of the athletic player the Clippers always seem to covet).

7 - Phoenix - Martynas Andriuskevicius - (I think they might trade this pick to free up cap space for Kobe, however they do need a center in the worst way and this guy is potentially the best of the bunch after Okafor).

8 - Toronto - Devin Harris - (The Raptors needs a guy who can be a playmaker but who can also fill up the stat sheet alongside Carter and Harris is that type of player).

9 - Philadelphia - Jameer Nelson - (Nelson is a freak when it comes to being able to score the basketball. The Sixers know its painfully obvious that they need some scoring punch other than AI and Big Clogg and Nelson can play right away and help get them back into the playoffs).

10 - Cleveland - Josh Childress - (Childress is the perfect fit for this long, athletic young team. He can really shot the rock, is fundamentally sound, and plays excellent defense).

11 - Golden State - Sebastian Telfair - (With the Warriors bringing in an NBA rookie head coach and being a very young team they have the ability to insert a young guy like Telfair and let him develope. His potential is enormous and he could provide everything that they missed last year after losing Arenas).

12 - Seattle - Andris Biedrins - (Seattle has excellent guard play but is severly hurting for frontcourt help. Biedrins is highly gifted physically and should provide them with some scoring in the post as well as rebounding and defense).

13 - Portland - JR Smith - (Perhaps the best shooter in the draft. Portland loves taking the young players and let them develope and I believe this pick will between both of the high school Smiths. I think that with JR's stock soaring right now he would be the pick).

14 - Utah - Rafael Araujo - (Perfect fit for the Jazz. He is already familiar with the area after starring at BYU and he is an athletic big bodied center who plays good defense but more importantly has an excellent post game. He could be the missing piece to the Jazz playoff puzzle).

You don't even have Josh Smith on there. Maybe he'd slide to #17? And you also have Childress and Biedrins falling much further than I would expect. I'd definitely trade up to get one of them. Come out of this draft with Dwight Howard and Josh Childress would be nice.

Yep, I think that Portland will choose between JR and Josh with their pick. The loser of that could very well fall to #16 or #17.

I think that the teams in the 1st 10 picks mostly need guard help and thats why I have so many PGs going early....we shall see.

• Premium Member

1 - Atlanta - Dwight Howard - By hook are croook.... or Stern!!

2. Orlando - Annouces a trade with #5 Chicago, Chicago gets the 2nd pick of the draft + Howard. Orlando gets #5 + Crawford + Curry. Chicago selects Okafur. I think that If Chicago doesn't take Okafur, he will fall considerably. I think that a lot of teams are worried because he has refused to work out for anyone. His back is going to become a greater issue as time goes on.

3 - Washington - J.R. Smith. Washington will buy the hype and Smith will be the first 2 guard taken. Washington's need is 2 guard and PF. They might rest with Heywood, Brown and Jefferies for a little while... Washington would love to lineup with: Arenas/Smith/Hayes/Brown/Heywood before they totally sell off everyone. Look for them to also make a move with Hughes going somewhere for a big man... Probably Memphis for Swift or Wright.

4. Charlotte -I think Charlotte will repeat the mistakes of the old Charlotte team and pick a homer. Charlotte will take Deng much like they took J.R. Reid before.

5 - Orlando - Andre Iguodala - This is going to be interesting. Orlando will be pretty much set. They have 2 guys who can score at PG. They have Tmac holding the 2 guard Spot. They bring in Iguodala as their answer at Sf. Crawford/Tmac/Iguodala/Gooden/Curry... Is their willing and dealing over... NO. There is the small matter of Moving Tmac to Phoenix for Matrix/Johnson/ and ???

6. LAC - Ben Gordon - Why not Livingston... I think that LAC is more interested in a leader than a project at the PG spot. Especially if they get in the running for Kobe?

7. Phoenix - Announces a trade with Atlanta... Sending Jahidi White/#7/ and Howard Eisley to Atlanta for JT and 2 2nd rounders. Atlanta selects Shaun Livingston!

8. Toronto - Devin Harris - I think Toronto believes they will get lucky in FA and get Okur.. So they need a PG.. Harris is it. He's a scorer and he's quick.

9. Philadelphia - Josh Smith. With the question mark that is big Dog, The sixers need to start reintroducing athleticism into their game. They will do this by getting the young gun Smith. This is the start of a massive rebuild that may or may not include Iverson.

10. Cleveland -Andris Biedrins. Cleveland leaves somewhat happy. They need somebody who can play behind Boozer and also be there if Boozer isn't resigned. They have far too many guards with McInnis and Wagner there already. I wouldn't be surprised to see King James played as a Point Forward and Wagner and McInnis given the designation as Guards. Biendrins kinda bridges the gap between King James and Big Z (So does Boozer) so this would be a pretty good insurance pick.

11. Golden State -Jameer Nelson. No doubt. they need him. Speedy won't do...

12. Seattle -Josh Childress . Whoa.. What... Yep. I believe the rumors I hear. I hear that Seattle and Portland are about to trade. Reef/Patterson for James/Allen.. Why? Well, Allen is really unhappy with some of the things going down in Seattle... Namely the treatment of Barry. Portland can't use Reef. So they Childress... Silky Smooth player... See what he got.

13. Portland - Martynas Andriuskevicius - They are so happy!!! Can you say Sabonis!

14. Utah - Rafael Araujo. Don't sell your apartment big boy... Just find yourself a route to the Jazz practice facility.

15. Boston - Ramos! Danny Ainge will not pass up 7' 4"....and mobile.

Diesel I agree that Danny Ainge will not pass on Ramos at #15. I am so confident in that selection that I would bet money Ainge choose John Ramos. On the other hand, I think you have too many trade scenarios involved for your draft to be realistic. I think You are right that Philly chooses Joshua Smith if he falls that low. I like Dolfan's draft selection but I don't agree J. SMith will fall that far down. Philly could really use eithr Josh or JR Smith's shooting touch because they don't have any long range shooter besides kyle kover.