• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The More I Think About It

Lascar78

And the more I think Josh Smith is going to the Wizards at #5. I mean they've already got Gilbert Arenas and Jerry Stackhouse in the backcourt, who respectively have 5 and 3 years left to play there. Most have them picking a PG. Why?? Arenas is one of the most promising players in the league after just a couple of years of play, and he's signed to play for them through 2009

On the other hand their SF situation is ... Jared Jeffries. Granted you can play Stack at the 3 but then who's at the 2? Arenas is too small to play SG. If they pick up a PG they have a surplus at PG, and only one other position satisfied (wherever stack is). But if they pick up Josh Smith, they can play Arenas, Stack, and Smith as a good 1-3 combination.

I would really like for us to get Smith, but is there really any reason to think Washington is going for a PG? I don't get it.

The only way I see smith slipping down to 6 is if washington takes biednis or Andriuskevicius.

Yes I am very very nervous about Washington picking in front of us. I am also of the belief that they will pick Josh Smith right before we are primed to pick him. He is very hyped in the Washington area too. He would be a popular pick for the Wizards. Do the Hawks ever get any luck in the lottery.

I think you may be right!!

Hayes had a pretty solid rookie year averaging about 10 ppg. I think he could be a solid 3 for years to come. The Wizards greatest need may be the power player beside Brown. If Brown plays the 5 then they need a 4. If Brown plays a 4 then they need a 5. Their power players may be a greater need than the 3 spot.

They may draft Andre Iguodala who can a small forward or shooting guard. He would be a undersize small forward, but some think he has more upside than Josh Smith.

The Wiz don't need a point guard, and I think they are likely to draft big.

Andris Biedrins

Martynas Andriuskevicius - if he stays in the draft

Andre Iguodala

Those are three guys I see the Wiz drafting, and if they don't draft one of those 3 they will likely trade the pick.

I can see them trading down to select Rafael Araujo.

• Premium Member

At 5, I see Washington taking Biedrins.

At the PG, they have Arenas/Blake.

At the SG, they have Stackhouse/Hughes, Dixon.

At the Sf, they have Hayes, Jefferies, Baxter.

At the PF, they have Kwame, Thomas.

At the C, they have Heywood.

They really have a need with their big men. I would almost say that they will look primarily for a C, but this draft isn't really strong in C unless they trade down and pick up someone like Harrison, Andrivickious.....