• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What if we go with Livingston?

Admin

Lets say that we cannot reasonably trade up to get Howard. There is a chance that Livingston could be around at our pick. He would allow us to move JT to SG permanently because of his tremendous size. The scouting report on him from Insider says he is a cross between Magic Johnson and George Gervin and at what 6'7(?) he has plenty of length. Imagine situations with he and Diaw together in the backcourt. Man that would create serious mismatches and we could defend anyone.

I honestly do not know who I would take between Harris and Livingston....of course we could still get a good PG at 17, but not at nearly the level of these two guys.

I have some questions about Livingston.

First, he is only an average athlete. How good will he be in a fast paced, up tempo offense?

Second, he is very light and doesn't have a frame that is built to hold more weight. He's very narrow in his shoulders and hips, which is where a good portion of "good" weight gained goes.

Third, he doesn't look like he is much of a shooting nor scoring threat.

If we went with a point guard, I'd rather go with Devin Harris. Harris is a player who is a much better scorer/shooter than Livingston, is physically stronger at this point, is a better athlete, and is more suited towards running a fast paced, up tempo offense like the Hawks want to run.

since working out with Tim Grover. I think he can definitely get bigger. I think he will be better in a fast paced offense than a half court set because of his superior court vision, intelligence and ball handling skills. His shooting needs work and he's not a superior athlete but his shooting can improve and he's athletic enough. He has VERY good quickness for his size, just not for the size of an average PG. If we keep our pick and he's there at #6, I can see taking him over Harris, particualrly if we plan to keep JT around. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to take Harris at #6 either. Both have a chance to be All Star caliber players for years.