• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So, if we give up our 1sts for Howard

Admin

I wonder what the chances are that we can package our 3 second rounders to move up to around the mid teens to early twenties to a team that doesnt really want to draft someone in the 1st round. There is so much starting caliber talent in those spots that it would be ideal to get a pick in that range....

Nope, I like this rumored deal as long as the future pick is protected and Howard is the real deal. I honestly don't want to take the chance in picking up Hill's contract. I'd rather move JT to get another 1st rounder.

JT/#38 to Boston for Atkins/Stewart/#24/#25(or just #15)

I just don't think Knight is looking to trade Jason Terry at this point. I think he envisions a line up with JT, an improved Boris Diaw, and Stephen Jackson together in the back court. Then, add Dwight Howard inside, who is a player that may eventually grow into a center. Howard is a guy that has the ball handling ability to be a point at times during the offensive sets, much like Garnett in Minnesota.

Yeah if we could trade the 3secondrounders who would it be for?? Should we go big and get a legit center in David Harrison, get another guy to handle the ball in Sasha Vujuic,or get another shooting guard in Kevin Martin. Personally I like kevin Martin out of all 3. I think Martin will be a still as a low 1stround pick or early second round pick. Maybe we could land like the 25thpick and get Martin.

• Premium Member

You don't get it. JT is not a premiere PG. What will happen is without a great PG, Kmart will become the second coming of Brian Grant. Overpaid PF whoose 1 dimension is taken away.

Jax is not going to allow Howard to grow.

The other thing you don't get is that we don't have to be a win now team. You and others keep suggesting that we do. There's no rush. We need to start from the ground up because it has been proven over and over and over again that JT cannot run any offense. And Jax doesn't have the best of shot selection.

A good deal would be to move for the first then to see if Charlotte will take JT for their 4th. We need 1 shot at Livingston. That's building. I don't care if we get Jax or not. I would rather see him go to Cleveland where he can make a difference. However, I want Howard to come in with the label as THE MAN. I want it known that he is our franchise player and I don't think Jax being here will help that.

Moreover, I would like to build a team that will not have issues when 2006-2007 comes.

That's just the way it is. To try to rebuild with JT still in the midst is asking for heartache.

• Premium Member

I'm tired of the failing JT experiment.

Tired.

Let's trade him and move on.

I don't want to see us try to switch him to PG to SG to OG or Guard. Trade him.

If need be, trade him with Diaw but just trade him.

Let me start the deal:

JT/Diaw to Chicago for #3/Robinson.

Get Howard/Livingston out of this draft!!!

If we did the Chicago deal, which I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up on Diaw yet, I think I'd pass going with 2 HS players and pick up Andre Iguodala. Iggy/Howard as our future forwards. Athleticism and defense. But I'd rather throw JT at Charlotte and see if that could really get us a high pick. I doubt he is worth anything in the lottery. He makes 3 times what most of those guys will make. Makes no sense for Charlotte.

I do not agree with the statement that Jackson will hinder Howards development. I think he will help by taking any scoring pressure of Howard the first year or two. Howard will take a few years to develop, don't kid yourself, he will not be an instant allstar like Lebron (though I wouldn't complain if he was). Plus you need two go to scorers to be successful.

Jackson needs to improve across the board, most notably with consistency, shot selection and turnovers. But, he is a good young player who will continue to improve. He will make a nice sidekick to Howard when he becomes the main focus of the team.

Everyone is clamoring for Josh Smith but Jackson is basically Josh Smith with experience - he is athletic and his basketball skills have improved over the years. Plus, it is not like there is another viable option at small forward. Diaw works only if there are two or more scorers already on the court - i.e., Jackson and Terry. Throw in contributions from Howard and Diaw fits nicely at the 2. Without Jackson, there is a huge hole at the two or the three and the team has almost no offense.

I think Howard (at least from what I have read about him) plus Jackson plus a decent center is the best option for the Hawks for next season and down the road.

is going anywhere, at least this year. I think Billy will try to put athletic ballhandlers around him and let JT focus on what he does best, shoot and score. Whether JT lines up at PG or SG will likely depend on who Billy is able to acquire in the off season but I think JT will be on the court.

• Premium Member

right now for Howard, what I'm hoping for is a season that's better than Bosh's rookie campaign. By that same token, we can have Jax or not.. i don't see it as a neccessity, but I think that if he wants to be a part of the team and stay through rebuilding Good. But he has to realize that Howard is the franchise. If he can help Mold Howard into the next Duncan or KG... Good. Like I said, we are not in a rush.

Secondly, The reason I want Livingston is because in seeing him play, I have recognized how good he is. I would also be tempted by Gordon... But I really like what I have seen of Livingston. He's the reason that Swift looked so good in MAAG. He is unselfish, he has great court vision and he understands the game. I remember when the triple J ranch was in Texas. I think we can be that way with these two.... Only better.

Some free agents I would consider...

Sura.

Foyle

Pryz

Jax

Hudson

Ginobilli