• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith outleaps jumping apparatus.

emeans

http://template.ajc.com/sports/content/spo...13nbanotes.html

"Former McEachern High star Josh Smith did something the Pheonix Suns had never seen. He outleaped the jumping apparatus that measures vertical leap. After the pole was adjusted, Smith's vertical leap measured out to 37 3/4 inches. . . ."

Josh Smith is the most athletic player in this draft and has Dominique Wilkins/Vince Carter written all over him. This is why I would keep my picks. I would pick Josh at 6 and not trade too much to get one player (Howard). I think that would be a big mistake. This draft is very deep on even talent but short on undisputed impact superstar players for year 1.

Josh Smith will be a very good player in years to come...trust me. Keep the picks and get quality players starting with Josh Smith.

It would be huge mistake to give up JT/2 1st rounders and a future 1st. THAT IS TOO MUCH!!!

I'm with ya E, I'd like to move up and get Howard but not that much more than I like Livingston then Smith at the #6 slot. I would not be willing to give up much more than the #6 and a second rounder and the future Philly first to move up to #2, especially if the #2 doesnt guarantee Howard.

Another option if we are so set on Howard is to get back into a late lottery slot with a trade and then get Smith there. I brought up at post a few days ago but no one seemed to want to discuss it. Phoenix doesnt seem to want their pick, Utah and Boston have multiples. We have tons of second rounders and the future Philly first and tons of salary cap. If Phoenix wants to dump some salary (Jahidi) and give us their pick I'd throw in a second rounder or two to close the deal. I bet we see a deal like that from Billy but I bet it wont be for Josh, more likely some European he's high on (Vujacic?).

I would give #6 and JT for #2, but that is it. We need to keep our 2nd 1st round pick. You should be able to get quality players with the first 20 picks in this years draft.

If they can't take this proposal then keep the picks and do the best you can do with the draft.

LAC is looking to GET RID of salary to make room for a run at Kobe, not take on JT's $7 million or so. In fact, if they take #6 and #17 for #2, they will also want us to take some salary as well (Drobnjak and/or Ely) so that they can pay Kobe the max.