• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chicago really thinking about Gordon at 3

KB21

But the one little shred of hope I still have in this draft is that Livingston somehow falls to #6...

1/2- Okafor/Howard

3- Deng

4- Gordon

5- Don't know. But the Wiz don't need a PG...

6- Livingston, yay.

If Chicago takes Gordon, LAC most certainly takes Livingston...

Would the Clipps trade #4 for JT/#6?

We could then pretty much guarantee Livinston and get rid of a little more salary cap.

Maybe we can do a deal where with them and Utah...

Utah gets JT/#14

LAC gets #6/#17

ATL gets #4/Harpring

ATL then drafts Al Jefferson @ #17 and go after KMart & Daniels in FAcy

Livingston/Daniels/Harpring/KMart/Jefferson

I'm not as high on Livingston as some of you appear to be. I just don't think he has the athleticism to be a great player. Right now, his draw is his 6'7" frame. If he were 6'0", he wouldn't be a pro prospect right now.

His strengths are his instincts and size. His weakness are his very average athleticism for his length, and his below average jump shooting ability.

There are two players that I feel will be a lot better than everyone thinks. Jameer Nelson and Kirk Snyder. Those are the two players I'm hoping for at the 6th pick, and I'd rather stay put and take Nelson than move up for Livingston at this point. When Nelson went up against Livingston, Nelson drove on him at will, plus he shot over him. Nelson gets a lot more lift and gets off the ground quicker than Livingston when he's shooting. I see Nelson as a Tim Hardaway type of player who will be a tremendous playmaker in the NBA.

I don't know where you got that Livingston doesn't have athleticism. Every report I have read says this guy can blow by anyone guarding him and can finish.

I'm willing to take chance with a kid with a bad shot, figuring he is still young to work on his jumper to be a better player. Plus, he seems to by into the team concept of being an unselfish player. Creating for others and himself.

I like Nelson, but #6 is to high to take him. I wouldn't mind trading down and adding another pick and grabbing Nelson. I feel you don't have to pick Nelson this high to get him.

It's just a matter of taking a chance with who you want to draft. We will find out in a couple of days.

P

I think Telfair's biggest problem right now is that his game has too much playground in it. He's got tremendous vision and ball handling ability, but he doesn't have the substance that TJ Ford had. Right now, Telfair makes me think a lot of Rafer Alston.

The best point guard in the draft is Ben Gordon. The best "pure" point guard in the draft is Jameer Nelson.

Telfair would be good for the "And One" Team. I can't wait to see a PG post him up in the block. This guy will not be able to guard other PG's in this league. I also have questions if he can get off his own shot, especially with his height.

P

KB, you've told us many times that Knight plans on keeping JT around for the long haul. If that is true, Livingston becomes the better prospect for this team.

If we were say, Charlotte, Livingston and Nelson would be very close, but I would still have Livingston slightly ahead.

#6 just seems like a bad spot. Too low for guys like Okafor/Howard/Deng/Gordon. Too high for guys like Nelson/Snyder/Jackson. We're stuck with Childress/Harris/Biedins in that range.

I will tell you, though, if we were sitting at #10, Kirk Snyder would be my pick, without a doubt.

• Premium Member

Some sources I have read stated that LAC were interested in Livingston. However, if it is Gordon that tickles their fancy, it would make for Good cinema to see Chicago take him....

• Premium Member

These Mocks have really got you guys fooled. I keep telling you look over their track record if they are not ashamed to show them...

About Nelson. Every GM that has seen him in a workout gives him a glowing report. His Senior Year was one of the best put fourth by a PG in many years. He has leadership, scoring ability, Basketball IQ, and is a great distributor. This guy might be the second coming of Isiah Thomas. That's who he reminds me of. A guy who can get his points and who can get his team involved.

Harris is definitely not going to be a better PG than Nelson in the NBA. Given the choice between Gordon/Nelson, I'd take Nelson. Gordon is a tweener.

So justify it to me, why is Nelson at #6 too high???

It depends who is on the board at the time of the pick and also depends on teams behind us. If you can trade down 4 picks and still get Nelson. Why not do it?

You can extra pick out of it or player from the trade. Why wouldn't you do it? Unless you are sold that Nelson is going to get taken right after 6. Then okay take him at 6.

I still think I would rather have Livingston instead of Nelson. To be honest with you it is a crap shoot. There are no guarantees with anyone. No matter what anyone says or writes. Basically it's your opinion against mine. No one wins. The proof will be how they produce after they are playing in the NBA. Then people can spout off all they want.

The only thing I care about is the Hawks being good again. Whichever players help us do that I'm all for it.

P

I agree that Nelson's track record speaks for itself. My only issue with the Hawks drafting him is that it would then absolutely require that they unload Jason Terry. There is no way that Terry and Nelson can be a winning back court, they are just too small. Now, continuing with the Piston's comparison, Terry in a reserve Vinnie Johnson role is intriguing - but I don't think the Hawks are yet in a position to think about role players.

Nelso plus either Humphries or Jefferson at 17 would be a great coup for the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you can trade down 4 picks and still get Nelson. Why not do it?

I don't think you can...

4 spots means trading down to Cleveland and taking perhaps... Kendrick Brown or Jason Kapano.

So #6 for Brown/#10

In that great Gulf... Both Phoenix and Toronto are looking at PGs.

Let's think about it:

1. Okafor

2. Howard

3. Deng

4. Gordon

5. Iggy

6. Childress

7. Livingston

8. Nelson

9. Luke

10. Harris.

Harris is no better than JT. With this pick, we have to get somebody who will make a diffrence.

I wasn't specifically saying Cleveland I just threw that out there. I disagree with Phoenix, they aren't looking for a point guard. Also, I'm not so sure Toronto is either. They still have A. Williams. So I don't think it would be a stretch to still get Nelson some picks later than #6.

P

So now Nelson will "DEFINITELY" be a better NBA PG than Harris? That is a preposterous statement. There is no way you can KNOW that for sure. Rick Majerus said that Harris is already better than Andre Miller and one noted coach or GM (I can't remember which) said that Harris will be the next KJ AT WORST. You think Nelson will be better than KJ? The draft is a crapshoot at worst and an educated guess at best. There are VERY few "definites" or "sure things."

All of the players they have had in for second workouts are point guards. They brought in Jameer Nelson and Shaun Livingston for a second workout earlier in the week, and they wanted to have Devin Harris and Ben Gordon in yesterday for a workout, but Gordon canceled on them after his workout in LA over the weekend.

Right now, the buzz is that the #1 player on the Suns board for their pick is Jameer Nelson while Devin Harris is the #2 player.

Phoenix needs a big, but isn't enthralled with many of the choices there, or so they say. We hear that they weren't happy with Iggy or Childress, and that they could envision taking Nelson.

They really wanted Gordon, we are told, and thought they had a shot at him at 7 until the deal went down. I think that the Hawks liked Gordon enough to take him at 6 if Howard, Okafor, Deng, Livingston, and Iggy all went 1-5 in some order.

Anyway, back to Jameer...Nelson is liked by the Suns, but really liked by the Raptors at 8, who need a floor leader, and the Cavs at 10, so I don't think there is a trade down scenario that fits here for Nelson and the Hawks.

It just seems weird that the Suns would draft Borbosa and give up on him so quickly. Even though the Raptors have A. Williams, I could see them going after Nelson. They always have seemed to be shopping him after they got him to sign that long term deal.

As for teams saying who they like or don't like, you have to think that is them posturing to get the guy they really want.

We will soon find out on Thursday.

P