• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Livingston and Smith

sinctybldh

Chad Ford has us taking Shaun Livingston and Josh Smith. How do you guys feel about these two? I personally would be thrilled to death. A guy on ESPN radio who analyzes high school players compared Livingston to Magic Johnson. Says he will be in the hall of fame when it is all said and done.

• Premium Member

I REALLY want Livingston. Just the thought of two guys over 6'7" in the backcourt makes my spine tingle. Just imagine the size advantage...and if he is actually as good as he can be...

I wouldn't be disappointed with that lineup at all. The problem is, we will have to move up to get both. Livingston won't drop past 4 and Smith is not likely to drop down to 17.

where he "SHINED" and nobody on hawksquawk wanted to trade him...

after tryin to go after Snow, Payton, etc (tall PG to compliment JT)... we finally might be able to get a guy to do just that!

after all, we all agree... if JT was 5-6 inches taller, he'd be a top 10 SG in the league... rite?

Right now, it all depends upon the Bulls. If they take Ben Gordon, then the Clippers are screwed and are forced to take Livingston, whom they don't really want to take at this point.

If Gordon is there at #4, LA will take him, and Livingston will drop to Atlanta.

Those are the the two players I want the Hawks to draft. If they can pull it off I would go buy my season tickets on Friday!!

As most of you know Josh Smith is my favorite for the #6 pick.

ESPN's mock draft is exactly what I want this organization to do!!!

....is to be paired up with Shaun Livingston. Smith needs time to improve his ball handling and his ability to shoot off the dribble. In the meantime, he needs a point guard like Livingston that can create shots for him. If these two are paired up, you will see a lot of alley oops in Atlanta.

I think Okur could definitely bring a lot to the table. However, I'm just worried that he'll get an albatross of a contract.

• Premium Member

They are drafting for need, not for the best available talent. They've got an A+ prospect in Hinrich at PG. They don't need Gordon at all, unless they would pair him with Kirk and that'd be a waste and would put them at a size disadvantage.

They've got Hinrich and Crawford. If they take a guard, it'll be a guy who can run in the back court with Hinrich. Livingston is tall enough to do that, but neither Livingston or Gordon makes sense for Chicago. Trading down would...and I gather that there are teams that would trade up for either of those guys.

I can see Livingston falling only if the Wizards and Clippers don't take him...and who KNOWS what the damn Clippers actually want. I don't see a team 3 through 5 that would have really had a need for Gordon, so I really don't see a need for them to have made that trade. Unless they thought Charlotte might have taken Gordon...which they might have threatened to do if the Clippers didn't make the deal with them...

Though, that really doesn't make sense either, because if that were the case, then they could have just kept the #2 and taken whomever they wanted and told us to deal with the Bulls.

Crawford is on the outs in Chicago. They haven't been happy with his play and will not keep him. I don't think Crawford is all that good anyway. A guy like that shouldn't be shooting 39% from the floor, which is his career high.

I don't think they will draft based on need. Hinrich is a 6'3" point guard, and Gordon is a 6'2" guard with a 6'8" wingspan. They can play in the same backcourt together.

Quote:

And who KNOWS what the damn Clippers actually want.

Exactly! Who can forget how they drafted Wilcox and Ely (both PFs) in the top 12 when they already had Brand? And there was no trade!

• Premium Member

But man...

I just don't think that's going to make up for him or Hinrich (or JT smirk.gif) having to guard someone 5 or 6 inches taller. He'll be good on a guy 6'5" to maybe 6'6", but most players will shoot it right over him.

I would not put my future on a backcourt that short. If I were looking to move or bench a 6'2" guy, I'd draft him. If I've got a starter that good or better, I'd have to pass or draft him and trade him.

Gordon are off the boards? There is always surprises and I would not be shocked to see Snyder selected at the sixth spot if Gordon and Livingston are off. I have not watched Iggy play but I did catch at least three of Snyder's games both in his conference finals and the NCAAs. He could easily have a 10 year career with a Hersey Hawkins/Joe Dumars type game with more of a physical type game. I actually prefer Snyder over Deng and over the reports I have read about Iggy.