Diesel's Hawks.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Nelson/Ward/Ivy

Childress/Hansen

Diaw/Smith/Smith.

Swift/Gooden/Collier.

Foyle/Pryz

and about 6 million dollars under the cap...

This team won't win a championship today... Much to the dislike of Trace and others... But it's a good young team that's still in the gelling stage for the future.

We run, We run, we defend.

Billy Knight should just sign Kenyon Martin, Bob Sura,Joel Pryzbilla and maybe Jason Collier and call it a day.

PG:Jason Terry SG: Bob Sura SF:Josh Childress PF: Kenyon Martin C: Joel Pryzbilla

I think this team can still play the type of ball we played at the end of last season without Stephen Jackson but I am not sure if Ivey is ready to step into the role of Sura. I think Sura is a must to have at a cheap price. Ivey could step in if Sura gets hurt which some of you claim he is injury prone. I know Childress said he is a 2guard but if Sura is resigned he will see alot of PT at small Forward.

• Premium Member

That JT wants out, I would rather deal him now before he opts out in the summer. Plus, I like the talent of those unmentioned players...

Also... That team would score. If you look at it, they have 2 rookies Nelson and Childress... Yes. But Swift, Diaw knows something about the game... Plus I thinkt there are some good backups... I also think a lot depend on the coach. The right coach can teach these young guys the game. I'm still hoping for Fratello.

• Premium Member

Players in the last year of their contract on losing teams, getting more playing time always look good. I wouldn't get Sura because we have Childress and Diaw. I wouldn't get Kmart because we can't justify spending that much on him when he's not a true Franchise player. I'd take both Collins and Pryz because they should be cheap...

he can obviously be a very productive member of a good team. Reef is not a franchise player either but you were willing to pay Reef in excess of $14 million next year and extend him beyond that and now K-Mart is not worth $10 million a season? Please!

• Premium Member

This past year, after the big dog trade, I was willing to keep Reef if we got rid of JT. I have stated and will continue to believe that if we had a better PG, that Reef would have been much better than he was. I mean he was a 20.1 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 50% FG% player with us. But even where he was with us, he was still better than Kmart with every offensive category.

Also, when we traded Reef, I believed that it was the right thing to do. I still believe that it was right even with no pick from Portland. Our team had NO theme. Reef was a halfcourt player. Theo/JT/Jax were runners. Theo/Jax were defensive. Reef/JT wasn't. I think that JT still must go if we ever want to go anywhere. That's with these new guys who are runners...

Now.. at no time.. Did I ever say that we should give Reef a 6 yr deal... However, this 10 million dollar deal you suggest stretches out to 75 million dollars. Kmart is not worth that much. Not when his rebounding is suspect. His FG% is low, and his trips to the line is low. I contend that we can get Swift for 1/2 the price and probably get comparable or slightly less production out of him.

ur right... JT/RATLIFF/JACKSON plays well together. Diaw/Abdur-Rahim compliments each other well.

we had no common theme... no gameplan... no style of basketball.

as far as SAR not having a good PG... whether or not u like JT, hes an ABOVE-AVERAGE starting PG. SAR also played with Mike Bibby.

but ur rite, that trade HAD to go down.... why be OVER the cap to lose when we can be UNDER the cap and have the same OUTCOME?

A decent talent of nba players but they didnt compliment each other at all... it wasnt team basketball that we played...

This past year, after the big dog trade, I was willing to keep Reef if we got rid of JT. I have stated and will continue to believe that if we had a better PG, that Reef would have been much better than he was."

Sure, sure, we have heard that before. Why wasn't he winning

in Vancouver then? His numbers were bogus numbers. Under no

pressure to do well since his teams have never been legit

playoff contenders.

"Not when his rebounding is suspect."

Explain how 10RPG is suspect. If anybody's rebounding is

suspect it's Reefs rebounding. You ride Reef's jock too

much. Kenyon Martin is a better player than Shareef on

defense ALONE.