• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This JT business is absurd

Admin

has ANYONE......read a quote from JT, or heard JT say that he wants out of Atlanta? I sure havent. I hate to think that I just missed something as big as this, but I am pretty sure that JT hasnt said anything like he wants out. Ford as usual is just throwing [censored] up against a wall hoping something will stick. He is becoming more and more like Vecsey every day.

Now, we may move JT. If we are going totally youth, its possible........but seeing as we are going to HAVE to sign some vet FAs to fill out the 4/5 spots, why would we get rid of JT just because he isnt considered too be really young anymore. I think that we are keeping JT. We really wont get equal value back for him, so to me its pointless to trade him. If we had taken Gordon, Harris, Livingston, or Nelson, then maybe I would think JT is on his way out, but I am fairly certain that we arent looking to replace him, simply to compliment him.......which I believe we have done. Knight knows that JT can be counted on for being around 20ppg for the season with 5-7apg. You dont just throw one of those players away. Ford has been trying to move JT for Harrington forever, but Harrington isnt the right type of player for this team. I could PERHAPS see him moved for say Bender and Jones/Tinsley......but not for Harrington.

Finally, I am not opposed to trading JT, but I really dont believe that he is causing trouble and asking to get out of here......nor do I feel that the team wants to trade him.

Although I would love to trade JT, the more I think about it the more I don't think Billy is going to trade him.

For one this is such a young team, he has to keep a veteran to help at least guide these guys. JT is the only true veteran on this team. Chris/Henderson are not considered veteran leaders on this team even though they are older. Hansen/Diaw are rookies. What better way to have a veteran lead a team than to have JT with the ball most of the time (gulp!!). Good or bad he will be the Point Guard and he is a veteran.

Knight will keep JT and see if he improves with a young athletic team before trying to ship him out.

I have to agree with Dolfan...Has anyone heard "I want out" from the mouth of Terry?? The answer is NO. He has never said he wants out and if you know Terry he would never blatantly say that. He is usually always positive about winning and improving the HAWKS.

Ford is going by what happend last summer when JT signed the offer sheet with Utah. He did admit later on that he was frustrated with the silent treatment atlanta was giving him and was prepared to move on. I still don't see JT improving over this summer to become an effective leader. Surrounding him with good ballhandlers will help keep his turnovers down but JT's courtvision and PG instincts are so limited that if you have Childress & Diaw on the court with JT you are really in essence asking Diaw or Childress to be the "Main" ball handler because Terry let's scrubs like Shammond Williams steal the ball away from him with the game on the line.

• Premium Member

Ford may be just throwing something out there, but then again, there's a lot of reason to think that JT might be tired of Atlanta.

#1. Look at the statements JT made about resigning Jax....

From a Jaywalker article:

Quote:

“4 and a half is a slap in this man’s face,” chimes in Terry, who got a 3 year, 22.5 million dollar deal this past offseason, perhaps influencing the figures in Jackson’s head. “We’re not taking 4 and a half, so don’t even start at 4

Terry had his mind set that Jackson would be back with the Hawks making a lot of money... Well, the draft may have shown Terry that Jackson is not necessarily in the Hawks' future.

#2. Weather fustrated or not, JT said alot about playing with a Losing team in front of no fans. Sure after he was sentenced to come back, he changed his tune, but I think last summer we heard the truth about how JT feels.

#3. It's been 5 losing seasons and 3 new coaches for JT... He probably wants a stable situation.

I wouldn't dismiss Chad Ford so quickly. I think that there's ample evidence to suggest that maybe Terry does want out... But we don't know for sure.

He stated once again yesterday that JT is the point guard.

As far as Chad Ford is concerned, there may be enough circumstantial evidence to indicate that Terry may want out, but that could be said for anyone in Atlanta for as long as JT has been here.

We'll see and hear what JT has to say about it, I am sure...

The Hawks are putting together a backcourt that Jason Terry can succeed with. The addition of Josh Childress, along with the return of Boris Diaw, adds much need ball handling ability to the team. With those two on the floor, Jason Terry does not have to be the primary ball handler. While neither player is a true point guard at this point, both Childress and Diaw can bring the ball up, and they can be a point man to the offensive half court set at times. This will allow Jason Terry to move around freely without the ball at times, looking for his shot.

Last season, when the Hawks adding an auxillary ball handler in Bob Sura, Jason Terry's numbers took off despite being the focal point of opposing defenses. From the All-Star break on, Jason Terry averaged 20 ppg and 6 apg.

It will not surprise me to see Jason Terry average around 22 ppg this season along with 6+ apg. I really think the combination of Jason Terry, Josh Childress, and Boris Diaw will mesh together very well. If the Hawks keep Stephen Jackson, then Jackson and Terry may become one of the league's most potent scoring tandems.

Jason Terry can be a deadly shooter, and his quickness causes defenses problems. I also thought he did really well with Sura in the backcourt. I would like to see Sura back, or another big G signed that can really handle the ball.

Quote:

The Hawks are putting together a backcourt that Jason Terry can succeed with. The addition of Josh Childress, along with the return of Boris Diaw, adds much need ball handling ability to the team. With those two on the floor, Jason Terry does not have to be the primary ball handler. While neither player is a true point guard at this point, both Childress and Diaw can bring the ball up, and they can be a point man to the offensive half court set at times.

Yeah Childress and Diaw can handle the ball but Neither are as good as Sura when it comes to dribbling and penetrating the defense. Diaw might be a better passer than Sura but Diaw likes to walk the ball up the court instead of iniating the fastbreak. I hope he does a better job of pushing the ball down court this year or the Hawks will be in big trouble because Terry can't survive out there on his own as the primary floor general.

• Premium Member

Exactly Blount...

I don't understand all these folks who want Diaw to be a PG... Diaw is NOT an uptempo player. I think he dribbles and passes very well for his size. But Knight is building an uptempo team. The one reason I say let Diaw start is that he is the most experienced of our Sfs save CC. Also, he plays very good defense. With Childress/Diaw on the court together, we will be able to play lock down man to man defense on the perimeter. Maybe we can adopt some junk defense like the triangle and 2.

However, other than that... i wouldn't make Childress and Diaw these great ball handlers who can help Terry out. Truth be told, Terry is supposed to creat opportunities for them. That's the problem. Terry can't run an offense.

How many more examples do we need. I'm tired of us always looking for a surrogate or an excuse for Terry.

JT is the only true veteran on this team."

Jt is a veteran? I guess he is if the term doesn't

mean anything. True veterans understand how to play

are smart about the little and big things. JT is just

a player with some skills but lacks the mental part of

the game. That's a big reason why he isn't a PG.