• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you take Alston?

Nicholasp27

I think Rafer or Damon Jones would make a good back-up point guard, maybe even started if Terry were traded. Right now though, it seems like the Hawks are going to need Terry's scoring ability. I am hoping that having Childress and Diaw on the court with Terry will alleviate the ballhandling issues, as both Childress and Diaw can handle some of the ball handling/distriibution responsibilities.

The free agent focus of the hawks should be on front court players - PF's Martin, Swift or Thomas; Center's Blount, Foyle, Dampier, etc.

I would be very happy if we walked away with ...

PG - Alston

PF - K. Martin

C - Blount

Obviously we still need to fill in some of our holes with the likes of Rebraca/Pryzbilla and Ekezie.

I htink one of the bigg benefits of the Pistons (other than on-ball defense) is their ability to handle the ball at all positions. A lineup of Alton/Childress/Diaw/KMart/Blount can handle the ball well, play defense well and probably score enough.

I have watched alston in the nba, and thats why i'm telling you this. I have seen him make mistakes that are prolly becuase of his streetball instincts. Besides that Alston is a good player, I m just trying to say that if that does happen don't be surprised

Everyone turns it over sometimes but a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio is very solid. He might make mistakes trying to make plays but he makes up for it by getting a significant number of assists. I'd MUCH rather have a guy like him who makes plays rather than a guy like Jacque Vaughn who doesn't make a lot of mistakes but who never makes plays either.

I would like to see the Hawks sign him, and he becomes the starter if Jason Terry is traded. He is a exciting player which we need in Atlanta, and he is also starting to become a quality player in the league.

Quote:

Would you be happy/upset/indifferent if Knight signed Alston (not overpaying)?

last season:

10.2ppg, 2.8rpg, 4.5apg, 1.5to, 1.4spg

10th in league with 3:1 ass/to ratio

he could be a 12pt/6ass/2st/3rb pg for us