• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Summer League

hawksquawker

wmsu01i.jpg

Jackie Butler is a big talent that was simply unable to make the grades to get into school. He is at the center of an Auburn recruiting scandal, signed with Mississippi State but didn't qualify, went to two different prep schools, ended up signing with Tennessee but didn't qualify, and declared for the draft. He's 6'10" tall with a 7'2" wingspan. In high school, he was every bit as good as Al Jefferson was, and he was arguably the top high school player from Mississippi in his class, which included Travis Outlaw. He's got the potential to be a dominant rebounder and shot blocker.

I liked the Butler addition as well as Kyle Davis.

Gentleman (and any ladies that might be lurking...yeah, right), Davis can flat out fly. He had the best vert of any of the players I saw at the workouts and has a shot blockers mentality. Unfortunately, he is quite lithe, but a Stephen Hunter type center anyway. Very fun to watch.

Also, I am more than a little surprised that little Wilkins wasn't on this roster. I though he worked out well in Chicago and here for his private workout. Maybe he wants to make it on his own, but I though Wilkins was a sure thing for this summer's Hawks.

Actually, that's a pretty sweet summer team.

Drew Nicholas was a BIG TIME scorer overseas. If you watched ProExposure.com at all throughout the year, he was routinely scoring in the 20's and I even saw a trip dub out of him.

Cory Violette is VERY underrated and could make this squad. I think he could end up being a Brian Cardinal type player. Not a great player, but a guy that will do the little things, make some shots, etc.

Estill was okay in college and he could turn into a guy like Udonis Haslem. Blue collar guy.

• Premium Member

Junior Harrington is a good guy to bring in for a look. He's funny. I read his Blog Spot from time to time.

Junior Harrington's Blog.

Last season, he was moved off the Nuggets squad when Kiki had to choose between him and his best friend because he couldn't find a good trade for White. The problem was Miller/Boykins...

I think Harrington doesn't fit our mold, but it will be interesting to see what kind of numbers he put up...

I think we will be relying on free agency for Big men. Totally...

If what you guys say about Jackie Butler is true, then this guy will make the team. He is 6'10, can still grow and he is 250. We need size in this team and Knight is looking for ahleticism and wingspan and Jackie has it. His numbers looked good in HS

• Premium Member

I think Jackie has some questions about ability to manage his weight. I hate to see Kemp all over.

We do need size, But I like Collier, I would like Anderson as BUs at C and PF respectively.

• Premium Member

Yeah..

And...

Don't worry, it's the real Junior Harrington and not some imposter. I read it a few days after he was cut and he talked about meeting some russians.. A few days later, official news said he was picked up by a russian team. If it's not him, he has a best friend who has a lot of time.