• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone see the Yankees - Red Sox last night?

Admin

That had to be the best, or damn close to the best game I have ever seen in my life. The rookie Halsey outpitches Pedro all night, only to have the Yanks blow a lead in the 7th. It goes to extra innings and Jeter makes one of the best plays I have ever seen and has to go to the hospital after diving into the stands for a ball. Then the Sox take a 1 run lead into the bottom of the 13th with 2 outs and the Yankees rally and win.

I know that most of you wont care, but even if the Sox had won I would have still been amazed by that game.

I really wish that the NBA was as exciting as baseball can be in those late innings when the game is never quite over until its over.

On a side note, rumor has it that the Yankees and Braves are talking about a deal involving Andruw Jones. I assume the Braves would get Kenny Lofton and one of the Yankees top farm players.

Well from what I understand, it was deemed an "Instant Classic" by ESPN so it should be on ESPN Classic sometime soon for everyone to see. I think it was only televised on YES last night.

Yeah I have heard the White Sox wanted him in addition to Ortiz, but that died once they got Garcia. I would love for the Yankees to get him for the right price.......but I feel that he is overrated as an overall player (everything other than his defense and speed) and I wouldnt want to overpay for that, even though he is young and talented.

The trade isnt for Lofton. Lofton is just a guy who can adequately replace what Jones is giving the Braves this year. He wont do any better and definitely doesnt have the talent that Jones has......but the Yankees have a couple of really good prospects that they are looking to move for a position player and a pitcher.

i, personally, dont want to trade A JONES...

i love the guys defense and speed. He covers the center field quite well. however, he does have a thing for STRIKING OUT.

if his offense was better, he'd be one of the BEST PLAYERS in the National League. Til then, im just gonna have to consider him as another "allstar"

I'm not against trading Andruw Jones, I'm just against trading him to the Yankees smile.gif Andruw needs a change of scenery out of the southeast imo he is too close to Mom's cooking and Curacao....he needs to focus on the game and in the offseason play winterball so he can stay in shape...he has been more out of shape year after year since he stopped playing winter ball.