• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Silly Season has begun...

Bulldog

Warriors centre Adonal Foyle has just signed a five-year contract worth $41.6 million.

The deal, starts at $6.5 million next season and has a team option in Year 6 for a little over $10 million.

Thats some sizeable change for a guy that averaged 3.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 44 games last year on a woeful team. Yes he is 7 feet, yes he has always been a good shot blocker. But he played 13 minutes per game in his 7th year in the league and has played all 82 games only once in his career due to injuries. I think Golden State are spending their money on the wrong guy.

Has Damp signed somewhere else? I didnt think he was out of the picture... Whatever the situation though I think they overpaid. If Damp is out then Foyle gets more minutes, his points go up and he blocks a lot of shots, but his offense if very limited. EDS is right - K-Mart must be very pleased that this deal went down. His price just went up.

I could see Foyle in Dallas where he wouldnt have to do anything but rebound and block shots,but Golden State need more and should have gone elsewhere - like trying to pick up K-Mart or Nene in a trade. Any way you slice it he got overpaid.

Since 97, Camby has played in more games than Foyle in 4 seasons while Foyle has played in more games than Camby in 3 seasons. Foyle has played in more total games during that period but the point is that Foyle has been hurt a LOT. What makes you think he will all of a sudden get healthier as he gets older? Denver is taking a big chance on Camby as well but at least Camby can play when he's healthy. Foyle is not that good healthy or not.

It amazes me how stupid NBA GMs are. Every year, mediocre players are getting offered huge, LONGTERM contracts. Right now Golden State is in a rebuilding mode, and I don’t think Foyle is good enough to deserve a big contract at this time. He’s nice defensively, but that’s it!!! I’d be more forgiving if his contract was shorter; however six years from now (if he’s still with GS), Foyle will just be another aging, overpaid veteran.