• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos for Billy Knight!!!

emeans

I am just thrilled to have a competent GM finally. As a matter of fact I am elated to have Billy Knight. We finally have a man that really knows basketball and up to this point has done pretty much everything right.

Most importantly, Billy Knight is NOT OVERPAYING marginal players. I am glad he didn't sign Okur and Foyle for 50 and 40 Million dollars respectively. He has studied the history of this organization and he refuses to go back into the same pattern of mis-spending and failed drafts.

Secondly, he doesn't give in to the media and makes his decisions based on what HE thinks is best for the team and not what the media or us wants him to think. I also like the fact that he doesn't let anything leak from his mouth. You will hear about it when it is done. I really like that about him!!

That is why it kills me that some of you guys daily are pulling trades out of space. I call it fantasy trading because there is never any official word on any of these trades or even official speculation and some of you guys are usually way off base, especially with Billy Knight at the helm. You will not know what he is doing until it is done!!! He is probably the most least likely to get rumors from.

Anyway I hope that every fan is happy with what he is doing here. It will be very very special in Atlanta in a few years!!

I agree. Let these teams use up their capspace this year. Next year free agent class is a bumper crop. We can get the pick of the litter because we will be the only team with capspace. Remember, Rome was not built in one day. Give Billy Knight 2 to 3 years.

i like everything billy has done so far except not getting a pick from portland

i realize that they may not have been willing to give up a pick, but billy's public statement about "it being good enough" without the pick makes me think he didn't really want the pick...he also talked about the guaranteed money the pick would get...but an extra pick coulda gotten us another good player or else helped us move up

but i like how he doesn't leak stuff or show his hand...it's annoying as a fan who wants to know now what's gonna happen tomorrow, but it's great as a fan because i know we won't get the raw end of the deal due to teams knowing our hand too early and forcing it

billy has a plan and is gathering pieces to make a TEAM, like memphis or detroit or cleveland or sacramento

we'll see what he does in the future, but so far i give him a B, due to his lack of interest in portland picks

It sure seems like Knight is doing a good job. To me his best move so far was getting SAR and Ratliff off the books and getting a 1st round pick out of it. That was an awesome deal regardless of what Sheed did in Detroit. The draft is wait and see. Many teams had Deng and Iguodala rated higher than Childress, and a lot of people think Josh Smith will be a bust. At least Knight had a draft strategy, and targeted players that would fit into a specific style of play.

There is a lot of talk and speculation about trades and free agents, but no one knows what Knight is truly thinking. He might be trying to drive up the prices of particular players so that other teams use up their cap on them. I think that may be what he is doing with Ginobli and Terkoglu. Hopefully we'll get some bargains after all is said and done.

Yes so far Knight has done a very solid job this offseason, and we have a coach that knows what he is doing. I hope Woodson is able to grow with our young players, and they allow him to coach them.

I don't expect alot of major moves by Knight, but I am wanting a couple of decent free agents. I think he will consider Kenyon Martin strongly, and I would be pleased to have him on the Hawks.

Even without an extra 1st round pick from Portland, I still think it was a good move.

Correct me if I am wrong. Did the 17th pick essentially come from Detoit via Milwaukee?

IF that was the case, does anyone NOW think that Shareef and Ratliffe are worth 2 1st round picks plus the burden of their contracts? Again if this is the case, I don't think so.

No one wants Shareef at his price and I don't think anyone wants Ratliffe and his aging body at his price. He essentially cleared cap space and received a 1st round pick out of these players past their prime, high priced guys.

Essentially if we got one 1st rounder(From Detroit) and mega cap space..........that is starting to look like a steal!! But I may be wrong about the how we received the 17th pick. How did we get that pick?