• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If JT is traded to Indy....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Why not trade for Artest.

Personally, I would hate it. However, realistically, I think it could happen. I have listend to everything that is being said by both sides:

Woodson/Knight: versatile, Atheletic, Young, Defensive. - Isn't that Artest?

Indy: Because of his attitude, Artest must be traded.

I would hate it because for Artest, it would be the Bulls all over. However, Woodson seems like the kind of coach that can take a hold of Artest... Literally.

Just for grins:

Ivy, Childress, Diaw, Artest, and Swift....

What if this is our 5 going into next season?

All of these player can play multiple positions. All of these players are defensive.

Wouldn't that be scary?

• Premium Member

All I know is that Artest is 250 and knows how to use his weight. Second... I wouldn't neccessarily have diaw in the lineup giving:

Ivy/Childress/Artest/Swift/Rebraca...

or maybe let Diaw bring it up in a slow offensive set:

Diaw/J-Chill/Artest/Swift/Rebraca...

The point is that all of these guys are versatile and do multiple things.

• Premium Member

That's the problem.

I don't think anybody can control him. He hates losing therefore bringing him in on a rebuild is bad news.

It was said that LB starting asking about trades when Artest: didin't catch the team flight back after a lost to Detroit and then didn't have a end of the year meeting with Bird. Indy has always been a class organization and even though he calmed down some this season and won the DPOY, i don't think you can convince anyone that he's not a ticking time bomb. His Bulls stories are proof enough. I think he would destroy a young team. By that same token, if we were to get him, my hope is that he would be good trade bait by Jan!

No way in heck would I put him on a team without strong veteran leadership and even that is a potential problem. It doesn't get much better than Reggie Miller for veteran leadership and yet Artest still was Artest. I could see making a play for him as the missing piece but not as the piece to build around.