• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Radio reports ATL/Dallas trade...

thatsmydawg

• Premium Member

We use Walker for 1 year. In the end, we get a gang of capspace. How much Cap Space. 14.625 million from Walker. That's more than the 10 million we would have gotten from Hendu.

We also get Howard for JT.

It's a smart move for several reasons...

1. Howard is a good up and coming player.

2. JT doesn't fit our plans for the future.

3. JT would have probably opted out at the end of the season.

4. We would have loads of cap space when Walker comes off the books.

5. Walker's value will increase significantly as the deadline approaches.

6. Hendu was of absolutely NO value to us.

Why is Dallas doing it? My guess is Shaq?

i'd do it for howard...is howard a true SF or if he bulks up can he be put at pf? man, i don't know what's going on honestly...

it seems like every rumor including us has us ending up with 2,347 small forwards...just can't figure it out.

• Premium Member

Howard is a pure Sf. He's rangy and long. He has had bad knees but looked just fine last year. He's a good defender. He can shoot well too.

At PF, we'd probably groom J-Smooth to do that or look for one in the draft or next years free agency.

Yeah Josh is a SF. You can play him at SG if you want, not PF.

My only thing about playing J-Smooth at the 4 is that from what I understand, his true skill is driving to the hoop with the ball and then using his athleticism to dunk or find some way to finish in the air. PF's don't usually get a chance to do that. I mean I know we can adjust our system accordingly, but PF's games tend to happen back to the basket more often

• Premium Member

Well, his skill is in line with a young Shawn Kemp and a young Larry Johnson. Both were dominating big men who could put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. Let's not forget the big ticket... Though the big ticket has developed his midrange game, he used to be down the lane dunk artist too.

I would like to watch how J-Smooth develops... If he doesn't get a consistent ball handling, outside touch to his game, PF may be where he goes.