• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington In, Jackson Out

jaywalker72

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=458

According to ESPN’s Ric Bucher, the Hawks have pulled off a major trade that will send Stephen Jackson to the Pacers for Al Harrington.

The deal would be a sign and trade with Jackson, who will reportedly get a 6 year, 44 million dollar deal from Indiana. Jackson showed what he could do statistically last season with the Hawks, showing a great ability to score, especially after the deals that sent Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Theo Ratliff out of town. Jackson also displayed great emotion, heart, and hustle during his season in Atlanta, and proved to be the team’s best defender over the course of the year.

Harrington, the 24 year old small forward, is due 13.3 million over the next two seasons, spending some of the Hawks cap space this offseason. Harrington has usually been a bench player, yet still averaged over 30 minutes per game for the Pacers. In the 15 games as a starter, Harrington averaged 14.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per contest.

Hawks Front Office is attempting to get some confirmation on the Hawks side of the deal.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Deal! Now we have another scoring threat and hopefully he brings some solid D as well. I know this also, just from what little I have seen of him, he is a high energy player and would fit in well with Kmart

My sources are saying that mum is the word until the 14th, though I am sure someone like Michael Lee will make contact up in Indiana and get the scoop.

My source would have said that they knew nothing about it if it something weren't cooking. The fact that they "can't comment" indicates something is happening.

I'll keep hunting on this end.

This would be a very shaky move IMO. Harrington is a classic tweener. Not quick enough or with a jumper to play on the perimeter at the 3 spot and not the mindset or ideal size to play in the post at the 4. Stephen Jackson will have a much better NBA career as he showed the all around versatile game to thrive. I bet some of you good stat guys could compare CC's stats per start versus AH's stats per start and CC's would be better. I would much prefer a healthy CC at the 3 spot over AH (who also has been injury prone). Heck, I would have rather signed SJ to that contract. I guess time will tell.

He's got the size to play in the post. I've always considered Harrington more of a four than a five. He isn't a tweener in the sense that Antawn Jamison and Drew Gooden are tweeners. Neither of them have the size to play down low. Harrington does.

Harrington is a player that is versatile enough to play the 3 or the 4. He's also a very good defender who can rebound. Al was the Pacers' third leading scorer last year coming off the bench.

I watched AH play alot through the years (some of his best games were against us). He generally always plays the 3 spot and is an extremely streaky shooter. I dont recall ever seeing him use any back to the basket moves in the post or generating any post O other than easy put backs. I just don't see him as much of an improvement over a healthy CC especially for the cap space he takes up.

WHo said they would rather have Chris Crawford over Al Harrington? That's pure stupidity. You can't compare the

numbers of these two players.

1) AL Harrington was on a talented team and still put up

numbers. Chris Crawford put up a lousy 10PPG on a sorry

team.

2)AL is young and still has room for improvement.

To say Chris Crawford is better than Al Harrington is

stupid. Don't hand me the IMO bullshyt because it isn't

even SLIGHTY possible than CC is the better player. What

a moron.

About 6.5 million I guess right? That would leave us with close to 13 million remaining to spend. K-Mart would get most of that if we signed him. Almost thinking now that I would rather have Swift at half K-Marts price so that we still have room for someone else.

Quote:

About 6.5 million I guess right? That would leave us with close to 13 million remaining to spend. K-Mart would get most of that if we signed him. Almost thinking now that I would rather have Swift at half K-Marts price so that we still have room for someone else.

Yeah, Swift sounds good to me cool.gif