• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deal not complete yet

emeans

Guys I don't think this deal is complete and I think they are still in discussions. Lets not jump the gun yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837655

WSBTV also mentioned that the teams are in discussions. This mean this deal is not done yet unless you guys have other information.

So as of right now I don't think we have Al Harrington and we may have to give something else up too.

IMO, this is just typical talk. The media is just stating they are in "discussions" to cover their ass in case the deal does fall through. When you have both sides refusing to comment on the deal, you know something is up. I believe the deal is done, and they are simply going through the formalities of waiting till the 14th to announce it as official.

I hope so KB because I think really got a steal with Harrington.

This was on Jack Ramsay Chat:

Jesse (Atlanta, GA):: Dr. Jack, The Hawks have been sick the last 5 years, but are things looking up? What do you think of Al Harrington , Josh Childress, Mike Woodson, and Billy Knight?

Dr. Jack Ramsay: The Harrington deal may or may not happen...but if it does...the Hawks are getting a good one. High level skills and a dedicated worker. I like Mike Woodson...I think he'll be a capable NBA coach...Childress and Josh Smith have to prove themselves. Billy Knight will be judged on how this all turns out.

Quote:

I hope so KB because I think really got a steal with Harrington.

This is done. just do not see it involving anything more. It really is a good move for both teams. Pacers need a outside shooter who will be able to play a few years. They could not sign JAX long term due to their cap limit.

Just a FYI, I have been out on the Pacers board checking up on this and a lot of their fans are "hating" this. About half their post state there is more to this trade than just Harrington straight up for JAX. They want us to throw in Terry for Tinsley as well.

They think we are getting Harrington for a player they could sign without our help. They are really not looking at the facts.

They do not have the cap space to sign JAX long term. JAX stated we are on his list of preferred teams, other words if Pacers cannot sign him to a long term deal, he would take one from us. Spurs are out of the running due to their signings.

So it is us or the Pacers left and the Pacers need JAX more than we do and we need Harrington more than they do. Like everyone says it's a good deal for both teams.