Anyone think LA got the best of the deal?

Bulldog

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2573094

Odom is breaking out and can play 4 positions, Grant can man the middle well, Butler was rook of the year and is versatile and a pick is thrown in.

Miami get the biggest contract in the league and a player who often misses chunks of the season and is in the twilight of his career.

I am trying to play devil's advocate here and find fault to see the other side of the argument. If i'm Miami I make the trade as they have a young superstar in Wade anyway as well as some other pieces.

Anyone think LA got the best of the deal?

Honestly, I think the deal is about even for both teams. With Shaq, Wade, and Eddie Jones, the Heat will make some noise next year, even though I don't believe they are better than the Pistons or Pacers.

In the West, the Lakers might make the playoffs, but they will not advance far. Brian Grant is not a center, and it will be interesting to see how Odom performs against the Western Conference power forwards for an entire season. You are also placing Odom in the same city where he was suspended twice for marijuana use. C. Butler is an upgrade over D. George. I could be very wrong, but I think the Lakers are a borderline playoff team.

TROUBLEMAN

The deal is about as even as you can get when someone like Shaq is involved.

I don't see the Lakers getting more in return, unless they aquired a certain player they had interest in.

Odom can do many things on the court, but he is injury prone, and needs to stay healthy if the Lakers are going to do anything.

Very good trade for the Lakers future.