• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Van Exel and Dampier in town.........

emeans

Oh well, Damp being in Oakland would make more sense to this. Why visit a city that has no intentions of keeping you?

I do not think Damp is who we are after. Honestly think that if there anything to this at all, it is a swap of Damp and Swift and we get stuck with Van Exel's contract for a year.

• Premium Member

I don't see this as being the trade for the traded stuff...

If you look at where we are and our future... The trade is really about:

Us moving Damp for Swift/Battier or Swift/Filler.

If Damp is signed for 10 million. We can probably sign Swift at 6+ and get Battier too. Then this becomes the prize of that trade.

What GS gets is Cap Space + JT

What Memphis gets is Damp.

What we get is 1 yr of NVE and Swift/Battier...

If we played Swift at C we would be a small team, but... We might.

I believe that if NVE wants to play anymore basketball, he will play hard every night. This is a contract year for him.

So the next thing is does it eat all of our capspace.

Well, 21-7 = 14... So yeah... We'd be capped.

But we would have:

NVE/Ivy

J-Chill/Hansen/D. Smith.

Battier/Diaw/J-Smooth

Harrington/CC/Hendu (IL)

Swift/Collier

We'd like another 7 footer.

• Premium Member

I think we'd probably give up CC in the trade.... (not sure) but I don't think we'd eat all that salary without trying for one more big man this season.

But yeah... Losing NVE/Hendu even is still 18 million off... and if we are responsible, that means that we will have a little less than that to shop aroudn with.

All we would need would be a PG (and who knows where IVey or D. Smith) will have developed by then. And there's still the draft.

Imagine this:

we do this crazy deal of JT for NVE/Damp/1st rnd pick..they're on crack if they do that..

Then, we trade Damp for Swift and Battier.

What a coup that would be for Knight. We trade Jason Terry essentially for Swift, Battier, a first round pick from a terrible team (lottery?), and MORE cap space for next year. Is this even legal? cool.gif

If this happened, I'd well, I'd be happy.

I like JT, but if this report is true, it would definately be a coup.

NVE is in a contract year. He will perform. His contract will expire at the end of the season and allow us to pursue whomever Knight felt was necessary to improve the team.

Dampier goes to Memphis and ATL gets 2 great defensive players. Even if he didn't start, Battier would be great depth.

The Hawks will have vastly improved, and all the while, be major players in the FA market next season. If this truly happens, I take everything bad I have said about BK back.

I like this move to. We pick up a lot of solid talent in one season. We also have major bucks to add players next year to fill in the holes that show up this year.

On a side note there is a rumor that the Knicks are trying to get in the Dampier sweepstakes, and include Dallas and Toronto in a deal with Vince Carter. It was posted on the "Around The League" board here.

I think they are on drugs for even thinking that the Knicks have anything to offer as cap strapped as they are but it is in a local NY paper.

Here is the link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/211680p-182328c.html

One thing is for sure, tomorrow and the next couple of weeks will interesting to say the least!

Nick is 32years old and will turn 33in November. If Payton can still play for a few years at 36 then we can get at least a few years out of Nick until we can find a younger pointguard.