• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Interesting development in Golden State

Admin

with Fisher signing a 6 year deal with them today. That gives them Claxton, NVE, and Fisher......all PGs that cannot play SG on their roster and Claxton and Fisher have LONG term deals and NVE makes a TON this year and next. The other day there was speculation that he and Damp were in town. I wonder if there might actually be something to that. I know that supposedly they might not have actually been here, but maybe they were or are coming or something along those lines. I may be reaching, but I find it very odd that they would be paying NVE 11 mil a season with 2 PGs on the team who are signed for 10 more years combined at least.

Of course, we have thought that it might be JT for NVE and Damp with us giving them some of our capspace....but again that would leave them with 3 PGs. Sure JT can play SG, but can he do it with either of those guys? I doubt it. So what if we are offering Hendu for NVE? That gives me a post player in the last year of his deal and saves them 3-4 mil this year and 12 next year. We would still then have plenty of money to sign Damp and not be capped out.

What I do not understand is the Derek Fisher signing? How the heck did he get a 6yr/36mil contract is beyond me. Fisher has done nothing over the years to deserve that type of contract. Fisher is a role player, not even a starting caliber PG. tongue.gif

• Premium Member

They had to offer Him something better than or equivalent to the MLE so that the Lakers or some other team couldn't bid and get him.

I think them getting him kills any deal for JT.

JT won't be a PG in that offense so a SNT is out of the question.

If we want Damp, we have enough money to sign him outright and unfortunately, we are the only team that can. However, another option is to work a deal with Orlando or another one of these teams that are close to the cap but needs to clear space.

Being that I don't want to help the Pacers like that, the teams that come to mind are:

Orlando, Chicago, and Milwaukee.

One possibility is Phoenix...

Phoenix will be matched by LAC now that the Kobe stakes are over. Phoenix still have a great need for a C. Maybe we can pull off a JT/1st for Marion... deal which will open up about 5 million more they could use to get Damp...

That would be a scary frontline: Damp/Stoudamire/JJ...

whoa, so let's see...if they have in mind to KEEP Jason Terry, then they're thinking of putting him at SG which could work with Van Exel (like in Dallas) but I don't think that's going to help JT long term so I think that's out.

We do a sign and trade with JT, then we've got to pick up a young point for backup and that can learn from Van Exel after he's gone next year. Or they could be thinking to use him for a year, have mackdaddy cap space when he drops off, then snag an allstar caliber pg in free agency(who's available?). Then we have Dampier as our starting Center for the future. He turned 30 years old yesterday. He would be a SOLID center, although unspactacular for a good 4 years or so. People talking about Shaq on the decline(stupid) but Dampier's only two years behind. Is he worth the investment? He'd be on the decline big time as your newbees are getting their groove. Hmmm, don't know.

Plus not sure if you want that kind of influence on the youngsters. Work hard in contract years.

But on the positive note, the funny thing is that Dampier was "the man" of free agency big men but after all these teams overspent, Atlanta is now in position to get him for a decent price because they waited.