• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GAME 1 recap - Josh Smith does great

Lascar78

taken from the Hawks website.

One of Atlanta's biggest highlights early on came on Josh Smith's first pro basket, an impressive windmill dunk, as the 6-9 rookie leaped over several Bobcats to put back an offensive rebound. The Salt Lake Community College crowd roared with excitement as the Hawks jumped out to a 21-17 margin.

"That was nice," said a smiling Smith, "it not only got the crowd excited, but it got everyone going for us as well and seemed to spark us."

Quote:

Then again, he may prove to be so athletically talented that he does well in his first year a la Amare Stoudamire.

That would be sweet and I like the comparison. Not Lebron like but good enough to start. No way to know till he gets on the court against regular NBA competition.

for the record you can't foul out. Last week some guy had 18 fouls in 2 games. AFter 6 personal fouls, every foul is free throws and the ball like a technical. Basically they let you play whoever you want for as long as you want. It's the only rule difference

As for Josh Smith, I agree with KB. No way he starts. They saw what happened to Kwame, and I think that had alot more to do with how he was handled than his personal skills. Set low expectations and let him come off from the comfort of the bench. If he becomes great by some miracle this season, then he'll be our spark off the bench.

Lol I think KB could take Chad Ford's job, if that is what an Insider is all about.

Actually I think KB is relying on intuition for INSIGHT, which can be done without being inside. If you know some things about basketball you can do that.

I don't think Diesel and Hotlanta know as much about basketball as KB.

"I don't think Diesel and Hotlanta know as much about basketball as KB."

What exactually has KB done that is so impressive? He's

good at turning everything the Hawks do as a positive(That's

why alot of people probably think he knows more than he

really does) as I said, if the Hawks signed Manute Bol

KB would find away to praise Billy Knight for it.

I'm not saying I'm the most knowledgeable person. But,

KB isn't all that and a bag of chips. I think Diesel

DOES know more about basketball than KB does. Honestly,

if most of us really knew that much we would have

realized JT isn't a real PG and Shareef doesn't help

you win. However, it took 2 or 3 bad seasons for alot

of us to figure that out.

Didn't KB change who he thought Hawks would hire about

100 different times? That doesn't make one a "insider"

at all.

KB isn't all that bad. He's a big part of this message

board. But I don't think he can take the fact that some

people are critical of the team and for good reason.

yea, i agree... i think we should bring JOSH SMITH in slowly. if he shows sign of improvement as the season goes along, give him more minutes. and towards the end of the season if hes clearly the best player at his position, let him start!

but start out slow... for confidence sake.

but hey, i gotta question... hows DARKO doin out there?

like C PALMER (football), the guy is unknown... but im curious to see how he performs.

I actually reall like that rule and have discussed such a change with my father on numerous occassions...

in no other pro sport can a man actually be taken out of the game like in basketball. People don't pay to see a player sit. The NBDL uses a similar rule (some of their other ones are interesting too, though at times confusing).

I don't think it will ever happen, but I'd be in favour of such a rule change.

I don't like it actually. It's perfect for summer leagues, but I like the 6 foul system.

Besides, in hockey they make them sit in a penalty box. In soccer if you get two yellow cards you're out . I know those scenarios are different but it happens.

If you have alot of fouls you need to be careful not to foul. I see your point but I don't think it should be changed

It is the 1st summer league game so I am not going to put much stock into this HOWEVER......

All I have to say is that I told ALL of you Josh Smith is the truth. I wouldn't be suprised that he does better than Childress(6th pick)this 1st year.

People on this forum told me I was crazy to even remotely think about taking Josh Smith at 6. I think he is going to prove a lot of people (Bilas) and a lot of people this forum so wrong about this mans game. Remember at one point he was considered the 2nd best NBA prospect in the country right behind Howard!!! He stocked dropped because of attitude...something that can be worked on.

Yes he has a lot to learn but the man has unearthly athletic ability and he didn't lead his High School team to an undefeated No. 1 ranking for nothing.

Everyone need to get on the Josh Smith bandwagon!!! Everyone will soon....YOU WATCH.

another quote from hoopsworld reporter:

"Smith struggled some in the first half and really turned it on in the second. He handles the ball well and really has a touch on the offensive end. Smith looks as if he could play the four in the East if the Hawks were playing a faster, scoring lineup. "

and on junior harrington:

"Harrington ran the offense very well and was able to calm his teammates whenever they would get in the face of the refs or other players. Harrington looked like he could really run a team well and also be a good team player and leader."