• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holy cow......ESPN says something decent about us

Admin

Quote:

Atlanta Hawks. Getting K-Mart to choose Atlanta over Denver was a fantasy, but at least the Hawks made a decent run at it. The sign-and-trade for Al Harrington, by contrast, was a better-than-expected resolution to Stephen Jackson's unsurprising departure. And with its leftover salary-cap space, Atlanta can still pursue Dampier or Miles if it wishes ... or listen to trade offers from teams looking to offload salaries to a cap-room team (such as Denver with Tskitishvili) ... or save it for more of a blockbuster trade down-the-road and/or next summer's open market.

Not bad. Out of their FA winners and losers we are an on the border team who can obviously move up to winners with the addition of swift and/or damp.

The rest of the article is here....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...&id=1841190

I've started hearing a lot of favorable reactions to what BK is doing, even on local radio. It used to be difficult to even hear a discussion about the Hawks.. let alone a favorable discussion.

The fans will be there pulling for the team this year. Maybe not in droves, but I predict an increase in attendance.

I can't stand Miles' game but.....he is very young and Portland is only offering 4yr/20M. I think that is quite low considering what other players are getting. What about offering a 5yr/25M deal? He did play alright with Portland. I don't know, maybe not.....

He would just get in Josh Smith's way on his way down from a highlight dunk. Miles is still young and has potential but he is duplicative of what we already have, i.e., Childress, Diaw, J. Smith, D. Smith, etc. Better to spend the money on a vet point guard or big man.

You are probably right. About the veteran guard, I read somewhere that Jon Barry has us on his short list. Could he play any minutes at PG?

Jon Barry

Erick Dampier

Joel Pryzbilla

Would that be a good rest of the offseason?

I'd say yes, only if Dampier was signed at no more than 3 years.

JT/Ivey

Chill/Barry/Hansen

Diaw/Smith's

Harrington/Hendu/CC

Dampier/Collier/Pryz

IL- CC and Hansen