• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GET JKIDD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

NYHawk

I from NY. All reports out of here are that Kidd is furious that management let Kmart go for just about nothing. Draft picks today aren't want they use to be. Rumor has it management asured him thay'd keep the core of RJ and Kmart for years to come and thats why he signed a long term deal with them. BK has to explore the possibility of trading JT and some others for JKidd. He is a franchise player and will make all around him better. Best PG in the word.

I do not see Kidd coming to Atlanta. The reason he wants out is because NJ lost Kenyon (broke a promise) and will have a hard time making the playoffs. I do not see us having an easy time getting into the playoffs either.

If he moves, look for him to go to one of last years playoff teams.

What team in the East other than the Hawks can afford Kidd?? The Heat, Pacers nor the Pistons need his services. Looks like Kidd will be heading back out west. More than likely it will be Dallas or the Lakers(Payton wants to leave).

Could be . . . you know Cuban would pay Kidd, if he can figure out a way to make it happen. Dallas has had a quiet off season so far. The Lakers would be a good choice as well. A backcourt of Kidd and Kobe would be dangerous.

trade him. Kidd is the best PG in the game but he's coming off knee surgery, he will be 32 before next season ends and he will make nearly $15M this year. By the time his contract is up, he will be 37 and making over $21M. That is just too much to pay for an aging PG who relies on his quickness (and court vision) to make him great. If we were close to winning the championship I could see going for him but with the bulk of our roster being young guys, I'd rather build for the future than commit that much money to an aging superstar.

• Premium Member

If Kidd is going to a rebuilding team, he's going to GS. I can actually see a trade where GS sends NVE/Fish/Cheney/J. Rich/2 1st rounders to NJ for Kidd/Kittles. It makes so much sense. NJ is in a full blown Rebuild. If they load up on Draft picks and start over, nobody will be mad because that's what new ownership likes to do. GS is a city that Kidd would love and would love him. He could play his years out at home. Teamwise, JKidd/Pietrus/Dunleavy Jr./Murphy/Foyle is a team that can win some games. Out west, they'd have to get some help in the frontcourt to be competitive, but they could win a few games with what they got.

Fish/Jrich/RJ//Collins, Would be a good core.

• Premium Member

No sooner than we rid ourselves of inept management and begin to start on a new direction, do we find ourselves in a position to take on the big names of yesterday's NBA. Wouldn't it have been great to have aquired a Shaq, Odom, Oneal or draft a Kidd, Martin, McGrady, Franchise...BACK THEN

Sure.

Though as we start FINALLY building a recognizeable team of our own, developing tomorrow's stars, all of a sudden...people are in a WIN NOW!!! mode and are looking to bring in all these players for all this money that may or may not be able to produce for us long term.

Not that players like Shaq, Kidd, or Iverson are used up...it's just that it will cost us entirely too much to acquire these types of players. In the long run, we'll overspend ourselves (in terms of capspace and talent traded) trying to piece together a WIN NOW!!! team. In the mean time, we float around the middle of the pack, secure no impact talent in the draft, and tie up every cent that we have.

We need to rebuild this team slowly and the league salivate over the superstars that we groom for tomorrow.