• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Mid-summer plan....

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Sign Swift to a contract starting at 7.0 million. Over 5 years.

That's a 5 yr 38.5 million dollar deal.

With a team option at three and a player option at 4.

2. Sign Damon Jones to a 3 yr 8.5 million dollar deal. This is the guy to replace JT.

3. Sign Pryz to a 3 yr 12 million dollar deal.

4. Sign Ekezie to a 1 year 0.8 million dollar deal.

There's your team.

JT/Ivy

Jones/JChill/Hansen/D. Smith

Lil Al/J-Smooth/Diaw/CC

Swift/Ekiezie/(Hendu, IL)

Pryz/Collier

One person has to go to the bench IL until we find a trade for JT/Diaw.

• Premium Member

Some says that he's healthy.

Some says that he is about to retire.

Some says that he will be out another year.

Who really knows. I mean aside from the guessing, what is Hendu's real status.

Just because he makes 9 million, I would put him on the floor and let him play hard for another contract if he's healthy. However, what is the truth??

that say he is about to retire or is out for another year? Hendu himself said that he is 100% healthy and is coming back for a vengeance......go read Jaywalkers article on him. If there is one news source I will believe about this team its Jay......so thats all I need to know about Hendu's status for this year.

• Premium Member

I just keep reading it.

Well, if Hendu is coming back, then cut Ekezie...

JT/Ivey

Jones/J-Chill/Hansen

Lil AL/J-Smooth/Diaw/D. Smith

Swift/Big Al/CC

Pryz/Collier

I don't know who goes to the IL, but it will be toe to toe action with our swingmen.

Yes according to Hendu he is 100% healthy and he is coming back with a full vengeance. These are words out of his mouth. I believe everything Jay has posted here.

This is IMO a big plus for us, Hendu coming back. If he indeed is healthy like he says he is then that provides us with another big body and we all know Hendu is a big time contributor of the bench when he is healthy, he works hard, he can score inside, he can rebound with the best of them and he plays defense. This will be a big plus for us, if he is healthy.

• Premium Member

I thought about Sura coming back and playing in front of J-Chill for maybe half the season... But you can never trust Sura to play a half season.....

He'd want a 3 yr deal.

Ok Let's say we sign Swift ... 5 yr 38.5 million. I like this deal, I don't think Memphis will match.

We'd have about 6 more million and a MLE.

2 yrs 5.5 for Pryz...

We'd have about 3.75 million left.

3 yr 7 million for Sura? First do you think he'd take it. Second, is he worth it.

I think Sura made it plain earlier, he's not in much need for money because he has had some big contracts. he wants years...

We'd leave with about 1.0 million left.

But our squad would be:

JT/Ivey/D. Smith

Sura/J-Chill/Hansen

Lil Al/J-Smooth/Diaw

Swift/Hendu/CC

Pryz/Collier

We could probably win some games....

Could we develop?

Nicholas is right, keep Henderson active. Why? It's the last year of his deal and maybe you can move him at the trade deadline to a team that needs some help off the bench if he comes back strong. Teams get stupid at the deadline and this could net them a draft pick or a young player.

and he's serviceable at C...esp. in the "iq" depleted centers in the east. He offensive rebounds great...mainly because he's rarely in position to receive the ball and has solid fundamentals in blocking out...

play him. sign Pryz. overpay for Swift. that's all I want at this point...

"3 yr 7 million for Sura? First do you think he'd take it. Second, is he worth it."

- answer to 1st question- DONNO. but w/ the way teams are spending this year, it wouldnt surprise me if Sura gets a better offer.

- answer to 2nd question- I think hes worth it. The reason hes hurt at times is b/c he tries so hard and and his body is takin all the pain (similar to IVERSON). the dude plays hard, is an allaround player, and can help us coming off the bench or as a dependable starter. i'd take him at 3 years 7 million.