• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Espn News Confirmed Dale Davis for NVE

tmac13

I would hope that the reason we offered $8M per season is htat we knew Damp had no leverage at all to sign elsewhere. Now that it looks like Golden State doesn't need 2 more big men, maybe we played the cards right.

The question is were we offering $8M for Damp to play center for the ATL Hawks or for the Memphis Grizzlies or for someone else?

Could Atlanta sign and trade Damp without involving Golden State? Could we do a sign & Trade with Memphis for Swift/Battier? This of course would be my dream deal. All of a sudden Atlanta would be young and deep (assuming players like Josh & Josh mature).

Evertything I read says the offer to sign Damp was for $8M per season. What does that start at? $7M? $6.5M? Would we still have room to sign Swift @ $6.5. If we have ~$13M then maybe we sould find a way to sign both.

JT/Ivey

JChild/Hansen/D. Smith

Harrington/Diaw/JSmith

Swift/Hendu/CC

Dampier/Collier

Now that is a young team (minus Damp) that can grow into something really good.

OK...OK...Maybe I need to wake up now..

well the blazers ae certainly not as astute as yourself, but it is simple why they made the trade...

they needed 3 things going into the offseason... a backup pg, a backup sg, and a great shooter...

they get all 3 in NVE...

Also Telfair is not going to see much PT his first year if he is even on the active roster at all... You see Portland drafts a lot of high school players or very young players and for right or wrong sits them on the bench for 1-2 years...

Also, Stoudamire is in the last year of his contract and will not be back... I believe that NVE is also in the last year of his contract and would very likely not be resigned...

they needed 3 things going into the offseason... a backup pg, a backup sg, and a great shooter...

they get all 3 in NVE..."

When did guys that shot 40% for their careers become great

shooters? That was a time when players had to actually shoot

a decent percentage to be a great shooter.

When I look the deal over it isn't like the THe Blazers got

screwed as they only gave up scrubs like Dale Davis and Dickau

but they added another guy to whine about playing time.

"well the blazers ae certainly not as astute as yourself, but it is simple why they made the trade..."

Obviousally they aren't that astute or they wouldn't have

done alot of the deals they have done over the years.

"very similar to the A WALKER trade last year...

trading their only CENTER (lafrentz, well i guess Bradley counts too) for Walker..."

Well they do have Ratliff... remember? DD had some decent years for Portland but he is way over the hill and really only suited for about 15 minutes a night on a team that does not want to run much (not portland for sure)

Dale Davis has been whining about playing time for years... and who is going to beat Van Exel out of playing time? Telfair? The oftinjured Derek Anderson? Van Exel will get 25-30 minutes per night. It is forward that the blazers have a logjam.

Except for the Jermaine debacle (which I blame mostly on dunleavy) the blazers trades have been mostly pretty good and a he!! of a lot better than the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Moneywise... At the end of the season, they lose SAR's contract, NVE's Contract, Theo's contract, and Stoudamire's contract. That's about 50 million in Contracts.

They will have enough money to resign Zach Randolph and still be a major player in the FA market. However, their trading might not be over. It's possible that Stoudamire could be used in a trade....