• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith as our future PF? I think so

jezmund

It said in the Mavericks game recap that he went up against Pavel Podkolzine, the 7'5 giant. I don't care how unathletic this guy is but J-Smooth at least attempting to guard him says something to me. I don't care if Harrington is a 3 or a 4 and I don't care if Smith is a 3 or a 4. What I do know is that we have our forward combination for the future in Al and Josh.

Hey if he becomes a PF I want it known that I called it on Draft night right after we drafted him.

I actually would rather him become a SF though. Who knows maybe Harrington and Smith will be interchangable at 3 and 4. We can put the best defender of the two on the best player at the 3 and 4 postion and let the other take the other postion. One thing we have to realize is that all these guys are very vesatile. I can see smith palying some SG too. If Childress is the best defender of the 3, and the opposing teams best player plays the 3 postion; put Childress at 3 and Smith at 2. I get Giddy thinking of the units we can bring on the floor.

• Premium Member

Speaking of Matchup Problems....

If Ivey shows that he can run an offense and get points... There will be huge matchup problems....

Scary would be a lineup of:

Ivey/J-Chill/Lil Al/J-Smooth/Damp...

That could be the case as early as next year... with all guys being able to put up points and play defense...

Honestly, I don't think that any other team has ever tried this experiement. The experiment of having all interchangable swingmen. I think the closest was LAC when they had Miles, Odom, Maggette, Brand, and QRich on the floor together.

If Josh Smith is going to be the power forward of the future he has some growing to do. These are his official measurements from Chicacgo:

Smith, Josh 6'7" 6'8.25" 221 7'0" 8'10.5" - thats hieght w/o shoes, w/shoes, weight, wingspan and vertical reach.

Now his wingspan and athleticism help but those measurements are well short of the other top power forward prospects from this draft such as Okafor, Howard, Humphries and Jefferson.

I hope he grows but right now I am hoping he develops an outside game.