The hawks with Damp...

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK let's suggest that a 3 yr 26.4 million dollar deal gets Damp. With the money we have left, we can also sign Sura to a 2 yr 4.5 million dollar deal. And Violette to a minimum deal...

Or team:

JT/Ivey/D. Smith(IL)

Sura/J-Chill/Hansen

J-Smooth/Diaw/CC

Lil Al/Big Al/Violette(IL)

Damp/Collier

What could this team do.

Well, there's defense. Good rebounding. Good offense. I suppose that with these guys anything is possible.

I put J-Smooth and Lil Al at the forward positons because with their size and ability it leads to a case where it's unstated who plays the 4 and who plays the 3. But, more likely is that CC will start the year off playing alongside Lil Al and again you have that same situation. However, as time goes by, J-Smooth will probably be a PF (if he keeps growing).

Violette should be kept as Hendu insurance also as somebody who can play some PF after a trade?

It's smart to sign up Damp for 3 yrs simply because he's already 30 and there are no dominant Cs coming into the league until next year's rookie class... If we got one, Damp can be a transition guy for that C.

Yes I like the offers.. if only we can also sign Swift. Wouldn't that be something. And I also agree if we so sign Sura most likely he will start the year as the year progresses Chill will be getting those minutes and eventually start. Diesel do you really think Smooth will start at the 3, I would love for him to start but I dont see it happening, I see CC or Diaw starting there. Since both of them are great on getting up and down the court either would be ok. But I give the slight edge to CC, he is healthy is a much much better shooter and his 3-point shooting has really improved, and he takes the ball to the hole with authority...so I rather have CC starting at the 3 over Diaw.

I think Childress will start. I don't think Smith is sound enough defensively yet. Chill has a more mature game and will be better against starters. I would rather see J. Smith play most of his minutes against bench players early on. Also, even if we sign Damp, I would love for us to sign Pryz, and let Collier play PF minutes if Hendu gets hurt again.

I think if CC is healthy it will be hard for Woodson not to play him, CC gives everything when he is out there and his shooting is a plus.

• Premium Member

I don't think anything could be stated for Sure until preseason play starts. We may elect to go with:

JT/Diaw/Lil Al/CC/Damp...

or

JT/Sura/Diaw/Lil Al/Damp

or

JT/Sura/Lil Al/Big Al/Damp.

I think that if we get Damp/Sura... The only thing that we would really be able to count on is that JT/Damp/Lil Al will probably be starters.

here's what i'd like to see IF we sign dampier to ONLY a 3 year contract...but that's the only way i'd want damp..

jt

diaw

harrington

swift

damp...

now that's a defensive, big team... i know most of us are inclined to put diaw at sf but hawks.com lists him as a guard so this is possible...we'd be low scoring but defensive as all get out..except for jt of course i think will be pushed to play better d. and with diaw playing guard, sura can come in to backup point guard as well as shooting guard, keeping his minutes up.

The best lineup would probably be the first lineup you mentioned. THe other lineups do not have anyone besides JT that can hit the open 3pointer. Crawford might not be a threat from outside but he showed me last year that if left open he can hit from outside. He might not be a 40% shooter but he probably could at least be a 30%shooter not bad for a converted Powerforward.

• Premium Member

I think it depends on if we can get Sura...

I mean,

JT/Sura/Lil Al/CC/Damp

is a team that could definitely spread the floor with it shooting and run the floor... The questions are:

Will Lil Al be better than Jax was at the end of last season. Secondly...

I don't know if anybody really knows how good J-Chill and J-Smooth are right now. When they start playing preseason games, we will have a better view of what the team could be.

for me, I don't really have a problem with it...except it's confusing. I mean, sure Hendu (which is his "registered" nickname) is taller and heavier than Harrington...but Harrington's role should be much greater on this team, thus he sorta seems like "the big al" to me...

is this a forum for proper etiquet on nicknames? Others have been misusing the JChill/JSmooth names (don't get that one, I mean, it's based on their last names too), and Hendu's Hendu...and Al...well, let's just call him Al. Hendu's got Hendu...and Al's name Al (who calls Hendu Al?)

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! although i'm a big fan of nicknames, not sure about jchill and jsmooth honestly...i mean there's nothing smooth about josh smith..nasty yes, smooth no, that actually describes childress more..and little Al is a nogo..maybe we should have a thread to pick better nicknames... just calling Childress chill is cool i guess..

Albert is what i'd call harrington..just cuz it's not used that much. Albert at small forward and Stromile and power forward. Boris at shooting guard.

I'm with you on the J's also, I just didn't want to fire too many shots at once

I like just Al, but Albert is fresh too

Chill works for me

I agree about J-smooth, cause he's really not. I've got nothing better though so for now I guess I can shut up.

Quote:

I'm with you on the J's also, I just didn't want to fire too many shots at once

I like just Al, but Albert is fresh too

Chill works for me

I agree about J-smooth, cause he's really not. I've got nothing better though so for now I guess I can shut up.

ha ha ha ha...me too.

There is no reason for Bob Sura to start next season over

Childress or any of the young players other than Travis

Hansen. This team is trying to built something and you

don't do that by starting 32 year old journeymen that

has no future in the league when you have alot of SG's

and SF's that need to develop.