• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No reaction about Hansen?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think that we might have to let Hansen go. As he said, "he wants to play".

Do we have a lot of place for him to "play" if we have J-Chill as a 6 pick and we're looking at guys like Sura/Barry as pickups?

The sad part is that I think we can try to get by with the SGs being J-Chill and Hansen... But we're asking a lot of them both as long as we have JT...

he said that he wants to play in atlanta...he'll get more pt here than anywhere else

also, WE are talking about barry/sura...we don't know that knight is

we are already getting a pretty full roster, so unless he's planning on putting someone like donta/ivey/hendu/cc on the injured list, we don't have room for barry/sura

i think the plan is to have jt/ivey/donta at point, chill/hansen/donta at sg, diaw/smooth/cc at sf, al/hendu at pf, damp(swift)/collier at c

but we may get jr harrington, but he'll play pg, so still space for hansen to play with chill

i'd look to see hansen/chill both get low 20s mpg

• Premium Member

Knight said something like he has talked to barry or something very noncommittal. That's the thing you love and hate about Knight, he never talks directly. I guess it's good as long as he makes good moves.

I think there's undue speculation about Barry because he has a home here.

And Damp has an apartment here?

I would be more worried if he said he did not want to play. Of course he wants to play, he wants a chance. Can't blame him. I highly doubt he is angling to get out of Atlanta so I don't think anyone should characterize that statement as meaning he wants out or has a bad attitude.

my guess is that mgt. is in turmoil over how to handle Ivey. I believe that they like him, know he can play...but is behind Jr Harrington and (if actually possible, Barry) in terms of play/readiness.

For Jr...we need another bu pg...it's either Jr or Ivey; JR's got the experience and control a little bit...but we drafted Ivey (granted, we promised him nothing with that pick).

Barry...well, he provides a true vet leadership (compared to the "tainted" one that may, may, cloak Hendu and JT, for varying reasons). Plus he's a true outside threat, something taht this team sorely needs right now. That fourth guy running down on a fast break, lagging a little behind...can sink the 3.

I would assume that they're assessing that need right now in the review, seeing what can of range/dependability of JChill and Smooth have in terms of 3pters...(esp. Chill, as Smooth will more likely be finishing thre break instead of waiting at the 3pt line for a kickout.

a decision on Hansen. I think he definitely wants to bring him back but he is not going to let the $620,000 that Hansen would make prevent him from signing other higher priority FAs. Right now, every dime is critical and Hansen's $620,000 could be the difference in us being able to offer someone a salary starting at $5M or $5.6M. That could be significant if we are trying to outbid teams who can only offer the MCE.

• Premium Member

I think Jr. Harrington will make it. The reports from Denver is that he's able to run an offense. He plays good defense. He was released because somebody had to go and they had a few PG already. Many believe that he will catch a spot with us.

I think Ivey will stick too. He's a really good on ball defender at the PG position. That's something that we have missed since Mookie left. He's going to have to tweak his game a bit but I think he will make it.

But you're right. The question is really coming down to:

Barry, Sura, or Ivey.

The answer to that question lies with Us and Hansen.

Hansen has to show that he can shoot as well as Barry and handle the ball. Right now his atheleticism has become a dime a dozen matter on our team because now you have Chillz, donta Smith, and J-Smooth. We're more atheletic than when we had Nique and Theus.