• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players the Hawks should consider:

Diesel

• Premium Member

After watching tonight, I have formulated a list of what we need and players I think we can obtain:

PGs....

Shammond Williams. I would take him as a BU.

Charlie Ward. I think Ward would be a good veteran PG for us to get Period.

Troy Hudson. I think Hudson is a guy we should look at getting if trading JT is in the plans.

Damon Jones. He fits what we are trying to do.

Brevin Knight. If he could be had cheaply, I would like him.

SG

Jon Barry. He fills our need for a dead eye shooter.

Richie Frahm. Another good shooter who is young.

Voshon Lenard. He would easily be a guy we could get in here to be our shooting guard. He's defensive but his shooting ability would help.

Bob Sura. We know what Sura can do. He would help our offense.

PFs

Swift. Probably unattainable, but he would fit what we need.

Donnell Harvey. Put us in his long line. I would take him and work with him at a cheap price.

Ekezie for Sheezie. I would sign him up at the min. if he is 100%.

Leon Smith. I still like this kid. He's still young and he's still got all the tools.

C

Damp. I dont' really want him, but he's the best in the market

Loren Woods. I am surprised that he hasn't been signed yet. I would sign him tommorow at a decent price above the min.

Jabari Smith. I would sign him.

Pryz. I still got love for Pryz.

Rebraca. Depending on his health status.

Keon Clark. If he's off the wicky weed, I would take him at a cheap price.

Steven Hunter. He's skinny and hasn't done nothing, but he's a 7 footer.

Mihm. In desperation I would make him an offer.

Here's what I can envision with no major signings.....

JT/Shammond Williams/Ivey

Sura/J-Chill.

J-Smooth/Diaw/D.Smith

Lil Al/Leon Smith/CC/Big Al.

Loren Woods/Collier/S. Hunter

All these player fit our mold. We have versatility all over the place. WITH good defense and rebounding.

A couple of players will have to be IL... I say D. Smith/Ivey...

I think Hansen may deserve a chance to play. He has the energy, the defense and if his shot continues to fall he brings alot to the table. I have seen no evidence that either Donta or Ivey deserve a roster spot over Hansen. I like both players potential, but Hansen has as much talent as either. Remember, last year he was talked about as a potential first round pick, just like Donta.

If Jon Barry can play back-up point then he would make sense.

I like the Shammond Williams idea because he could be bu pg and he can shoot. Any guard we get needs to be a PG and can shoot.

I like Jon Barry a little less because he is not a PG and we already have too many swing-men. Unless we let someone go, we do not need another SG. With Hansen, Diaw, Childress and D. Smith I just don't see a need. Even if Childress is not ready, we could give Hansen a chance.

Other than that, we probably need to focus on securing the 4 and 5 positions. I'd like Loren Woods and Hunter, but I'd prefer the bigger Pryz and Rebraca if they are in fact healthy.

I'm a little leary of Harvey and Leon Smith. Neither has been able to do anything with the opportunities they've been given. We don't need another Smith anyway. It's starting to sound like the Matrix set. grin.gif

PGs....

Shammond Williams. I would take him as a BU.

Charlie Ward. I think Ward would be a good veteran PG for us to get Period.

Troy Hudson. I think Hudson is a guy we should look at getting if trading JT is in the plans.

Damon Jones. He fits what we are trying to do.

Brevin Knight. If he could be had cheaply, I would like him.

I dunno about the PG list... I would never consider knight or jones in that we don't need a consummate journeyman point that is short... ditto for ward (except for the journeyman part)... I would also just as soon give a contract to Ivey than bother with someone like damon jones. Hudson is the only one that I'd be interested in but I think that I heard that he was strongly leaning to going back to MINN.

As far as SG yes to Sura if he is cheap and no way in he!! would I give him more than 2-3 years given his injury history. I'd be really hesitant to go over 2 actually. Frahm has already signed with Portland, and Barry's age seems to have caught up with him. Why bother with voshon leonard at one of the few positions that the hawks have depth at though? (assuming they resign hansen)

Swift and Harvey are good ideas sure, but why bother with Leon Smith again? Woodson doesn't sound like the type to have a high degree of tolerance for his deep issues.

Given the Hawks seem to be sticking to a reasonable number of contract years I'm a fan of signing Dampier. Rebraca and Hunter forget it. They're wastes of space. Jabari Smith I'm not very familiar with and Keon Clark would be a good option although it is a he!! of a stretch to call him a center.

• Premium Member

You call them Journeymen...

However, I like the idea of getting Shammond Williams because of his shooting. I like the idea of getting Knight because he can run an offense. Now about Knight getting tossed around to several teams, much of that was because of his salary and contract. However, one thing that you can say about Knight is that he can run an offense. I lean more towards Williams because he's a gunner and we lack good shooters. The mix of all them is Charlie Ward. If we could get Ward in a Min. contract, I would take him. He's a really good shooter, he can run an offense, he plays good defense, he has good size.

Why take a chance on Leon Smith. Because Leon Smith still might turn out to be a star in this league. He has had his set of problems, but he's still 6'10" and very aggressive. I think a year in the Minor Leagues and dominating there has really helped him in his maturity. I would give him a min contract and check him out. If he doesn't pan out what have we lost? It's not like we can't make up the roster spot. However, if he does pan out, we have found gold.

Honestly, I am more leary of Harvey than Smith. Whereas Harvey is in the same category, I think Smith has more maturity.

Last... There's Loren Woods. I have been watching this kid. He's playing well. He has put on weight. He's a legit 7 footer. Charlotte is wasting his time. I would sign him tommorow morning if I were Knight.

Here's a revised look at what I would have:

JT/Ward/Ivey(IL)

J-Chill/Hansen/D. Smith(IL)

J-Smooth/CC/Diaw

Lil Al/Leon Smith/Hendu

Woods/Collier

Somebody will have to be a shooter other than JT, it would have to be J-Chill.