• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smooth scores 26 in Hawks 78-74 win!!!!!

Inside_Man

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think that nba.com could fix their link to the boxscore.

This kid is good. I've learned my lesson. Never act like you know how good a player is when you have seen very limited action of that player. Josh Smith is completely the opposite of what the scouting reports on the net stated.

josh smith rules and I can't wait for the regular season. I'd like to see childress pick it up though

KB is it really necessary to have a political signature on a basketball site? Personally I can't stand Bush and find it very annoying to have to see your little ad every time you post something. I know I can turn all signatures off and you can do whatever you want, but is it really necessary here?

468x60.gif

The Hawks really got lucky in getting the 17thpick in order to draft J-Smooth. Remember how we were all watching towards the end of the season to see where the Hawks 2nd 1strounder was going to be? For a while it looked as if it would end up around the 20thpick. Just think we might would have lost out on getting Josh if that had of happened. We might have lost out on Howard but I am thankful Josh was still on board when we drafed at 17.

lib·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)

adj.

1. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

2. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

sounds good to me

hmm... I suppose screwing the environment, killing 5000+ innocent iraqis and hundreds of american soldiers on a lie so cheney's haliburton can profit, favoring allowing individuals to own automatic machine guns but opposing ballistic fingerprinting, favoring the outsourcing of jobs, and giving more money back to the richest instead of those who need it are all family values. As is persecuting people who had no choice in being born homosexual.

but anyhow I can see from that last post that your political thought is very sophisticated so I'll leave you with your jingoism and pre-eminince as you clearly know it all

go hawks

Thank you KB21.... It takes a real man to admit he is wrong about something or someone. Now you see exactly what I was talking about with Josh Smith. Now you see why I wouldn't have mind drafting him at #6.

Now everybody sees that!! The bandwagon is getting full.

Josh Smith is still very RAW and has a lot of improving, but can you imagine how good this kid is going to be. Scary!!!

i don't vote/hire someone to tell me what kind of values i should have. my parents did that. i vote/hire someone to do a job they were hired/elected to do. and Bush isn't doing that.

just had to throw that in since this one turned political.

anyway, i really hope that childress can step up also..smith is playing seemingly already with a vengence to show his detractors. i hope childress can get that too. i think what may be the key is that josh smith's exceptional natural athletic ability helps him in these types of summer games.

I think Childress will step it up. A lot of high draft picks have struggled in the summer league. To put this in perspective here is what I think is going on with guys like Iguodala, Childress, and Snyder - they are trying to get a feel on what NBA level is like , at the same time they aren't desperate to get a job. They are GUARANTEED to get a job, and they know these games don't mean too much for their CAREER - yet on the other hand the guys they are playing against are playing with DESPERATION to land on a roster somewhere. I know these guys are pros and they should all want to win - but I think the unproven journeymen and youngsters are a lot more motivated than the lottery picks.

Just my two cents.