• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets Sign Jacque Vaughn

pusha_c

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., July 29 -- The New Jersey Nets have signed free agent guard Jacque Vaughn, Nets CEO Rod Thorn announced today. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

"Jacque is a welcome addition to our team," said Thorn. "He is a proven NBA veteran who will give us needed depth at the point guard position."

Vaughn, a 6-1 guard out of the University of Kansas, was the first-round selection (27th overall) of the Utah Jazz in the 1997 NBA Draft. A seven-year NBA veteran, Vaughn posts career averages of 4.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in 457 career games. He holds career shooting percentages of 43.7 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from long range.

Vaughn played for the Jazz for four seasons (1997-2001) before signing as a free agent with the Atlanta Hawks for the 2001-02 season. After a year in Atlanta, Vaughn signed with the Orlando Magic, where he played one season (2002-03). Vaughn then returned to the Hawks for the 2003-04 campaign, averaging 3.8 ppg and 2.7 rpg in 71 games.

Vaughn helped his team reach the postseason all four years in Utah and in his one season with Orlando. In 28 career playoff games, Vaughn averaged 2.7 ppg and 1.8 apg.

cool.gif

I know that several on this board wanted BK to go after Rafer Alston and instead he went with JV. We see how that turned out! I just don't get what these GMs see in JV. He's a nice guy but there are a lot of other guys I'd rather have as my backup PG.

Billy did sign JV, but I am going to give him a pass on that transaction because he was still under the Babcock regime.

JV would not fit into his NEW and IMPROVED philosophy of athletic, long players, defensive players.

I don't think he would do that this year now that he has total control of how this team is going to look in the future.

I bet Babcock had a lot to do with JV being here.

all by himself. You can't give Billy credit for bringing in Diaw and Hansen and then give him a pass on JV. He drafted Diaw and Hansen BEFORE he signed JV as a FA. Babcock was gone well before the season was over so I'm sure he had no say in the matter.