• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get Loren Woods...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I doubt that Charlotte signs him. I think we should. He's 7 foot 261.

The Bobcats have:

White, Drobjnak, Ely, Brezek, Okafor, All ready to be C.

I suspect their starting lineup will be:

Hart (or House), Wallace, Kapono, Okafor, and White.

• Premium Member

Based on his history, i don't think woods would be as expensive. It might be possible we can get both, but this is what I see in Woods...

He fits our needs. He's a long, tall, atheletic shot blocker. I would love to see him get in the weight room and put on about 15 pounds of muscle,but he's 7'2 and listed at 270. I think he may be a little heavier.

He's a young guy.

Like I said, i can see us getting both and going with:

JT/Harrington/Ivey

J-Chill/Hansen/D. Smith

J-Smooth/Diaw/CC

Lil Al/Big Al

Pryz/Woods/Collier.

I would actually sign Woods to a two year deal worth 4.5 mill.

7'2" 270 is not a guy we can easily dismiss.

If we could get this guy up to 285-290, I like our chances against Anybody. He's already Deke's size.

Like I said, he played well in Miami and is looking bigger in Summer league. I would take him on as a project. Say goodbye to Damp... and work out our lineup with those big men.

Pryz is not defensive and the only question is does Pryz bring better offense than Collier?

Doesn't Woods have a reputation as being soft - as in making Brendon Haywood look like a tough guy? Plus I thought he had trouble getting minutes in Miami even though they were desperate for some size in the middle.

I am not saying Pryz is better, but he at least showed he can be a competent rebounder, block an occasional shot in an actual NBA game whereas Woods' finest moments have come in summer league play.

• Premium Member

No Woods have a reputation for being skinny and psycho!!!

He failed one of those predraft Psche test and then went to Minn and had a break down. But since, he has been doing better...

Woods is still 7'2" 270 with a good pedigree.

He played behind/with Duncan at WF.

He went to UA and played there as the anchor of their team.

i don't know if he knows JT or not, i think he may have been after JT.

He got dissed in the draft because of a Psyche test and blow up... And he couldn't take the pressure of KG cussin him out every day. But he played for Miami last year and his finest moment was against Det last year where he played a few minutes and didn't look like a scrub. I think you give this raw talent to woodson and he can make him a usable BU.

Maybe 2 yr 2 mil.