• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis H. trade...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Hansen to Utah for Borchardt.

I think this trade is a winner. With the Center position filled with Detroit's C and Collins, Utah can make this trade to fill a needed position and bring in a homer that is well liked in Utah.

We get a true 7 footer with potential...

Quote:

Strengths: Has a number of positive attributes that make him a very intriguing center prospect. Great size and very good agility. An excellent shot blocker and rebounder. Very soft touch in the post, and has range out to three point land. Could become a top 10 center in the NBA. Runs the floor fairly gracefully. Has a good understanding of the game and makes sound decisions.

Weaknesses: One of the knocks on Borchardt is that he is injury prone. His first few years at Stanford were injury riddled. But growing and gaining strength should help this. Needs a little more mental toughness. Can gain a lot of strength through weight training which will help him become more dominant in the post.

Notes: His feet are so big he looks like he's wearing clown shoes.

Also remember he grew up with JT and played with J-Chill...

man, the [censored] i could tell you about Curtis. I like the trade, though doubt that Utah would do it (but maybe, with Memo now their full-time starter)...but you do realize his injury history, that he may only play sparingly...

Hansen has better size, better athleticism, is a better shooter, and is already familiar with our team. That would be a foolish trade IMO. Let JT, Ivey and Diaw play the point and Childress and Hansen play the 2 guard for us. No way I trade Hansen or Diaw for another backcourt player.

• Premium Member

Hansen.

Who is Utah's starting 2? Matt Harpring? Who is their BU 2?

With the pickup of Okur, Utah has set their frontcourt. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get Brochardt/Bell for Hansen/2nd...

If the Hawks send Travis Hansen to Utah he will wind up becoming a 12/5/3 type of player for the Jazz. Jerry Sloan has proven over and over again that he can improve lesser known players and mesh them with his current roster. The fact that the Jazz nearly made the playoffs last year proves this point.

I'd just soon keep Hansen and let him develop into a nice role player with the Hawks.

• Premium Member

I don't see Hansen becoming much for us BECAUSE of his defense. Right now, I would love to send Hansen/2007 first Philly to Utah for Humphries/Kirk Snyder.

Snyder might not be long, but defensively he fits our team better.

if we could parlay Hansen into anythign at this point, I'd be all for it. He doesn't add much to our team...in the sense that he's just as young, without the upside, of our "new boys," and doesn't present a skill set that is superior to them in any way...esp. with JT at the point.

you add that he was a second round pick...and that's that. If we could trade him, just to improve the team, it'd be worth it. This is nto a "knock" on him...it's that he's simply not needed on this team...

Wait a minute. How does Hansen not have as much upside as some of the the rookies? I realize he is a little older, but he is a heck of a lot better prospect then either Donta Smith or Ivey. He is very athletic, a good defender and showed during the summer league that he has outside shooting potential. I don't think he is going to be a superstar but he does have the makings of a quality NBA player. In fact, based on the Hawks current roster, he is the second most potentially reliable outside shooter.

If Childress comes into training camp and proves he can start then maybe getting rid of Hansen makes sense, but we'll see. I don't think I would want Borchardt because he has not proven his ability to be healthy. Big men with bad feet are such a risk. Mo Williams might be a player, but it is hard to tell because he is a third stringer in Utah.

NO WAY would Hansen/Philly #1 get us Humphries/Snyder! That is preposterous! Heck, Hansen/Philly #1 would not get us either of those guys ALONE let alone BOTH of them. What exactly has Hansen done to merit having that kind of trade value? Did I miss something? He wasn't even a starter on our summer league team and now he and a HEAVILY protected pick can get us TWO first rounders? Please! Travis has a chance to be a solid player and he has a good contract but his value is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than you are suggesting here.

As for Utah, Snyder and Giricek are both better than Hansen and that is who Utah will play at SG this year. Raja Bell and Harpring can also play there.

Borchardt might be somewhat expendable because they have Okur and Collins along with Boozer and Humphries up front. I still don't know if Hansen alone will get you Borchardt though. With Borchardt's injury history, it might be possible.